turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1187, .660 JH max, 3in Win LB XR #5

Started by turkey buster, February 06, 2015, 06:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Temp was 57 degrees and shooting a lazered 40.

Remington 1187 12ga 3in
25in barrel, Jelly Head Maximum .660 choke
Winchester Longbeard XR 3in #5

12 inch circle 142 hits and 67 hits in turkey (within circle)
143 hits in the 10in circle on back of paper. Point of impact was a tad low (2-3inches) and possibly me jerking.

Overall not bad for #5's at 40 yards and under 60 degrees

turkey buster

Twowithone

Gobbler going home in your truck for sure with that pattern. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

turkey buster

I know!! Come on season! It's 10-15 cooler than turkey season weather so numbers should improve too. I'm pumped

Also rechecked poa/poi and I was a little low and made an adjustment and the pattern is where it should be with a 13 pellet increase in the turkeys vitals from the waddles up

albrubacker

Looks like a dirt nap waiting to happen!  :drool:
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Izzyjoe

Looks great! I went out this morning and tried the LB #5, and got 151 in ten at 42yds. With my 870sp with a truglo strutt stopper choke.

surehuntsalot

nothing wrong with those #'s, good luck :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Spring Music

You referenced "flinch or jerking" causing the "tad low".. Could be..BUT the POI from a lot of shotguns will not be the same as the POA, I have a 11-87 with the JH as well and have shot both LongBeard 5 and 6's..Patterns are good but not even.. They are "left and just a skosh low". I have also tried other chokes as well...Same dilemma when shooting the LB's.. Just for kicks and giggles I shot a few "standard" Win 3 in Supreme 6's at the same distances and "lo and behold" the POA was the same as POI...

If you are wanting to use the LB's a good set of adjutable sights should fix the problem...That's what I'm trying..

turkey buster

I need to add I have adjustable sights already