turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any one shoot a cross bow ?

Started by Fox Fire, February 08, 2011, 10:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Fire

I've never had a hanker'n for one untill I had thoughts about coyote hunt'n with one near civilization, then the idea of turkey hunt'n with one entered my mind. it mite be just the machine for suburbia.

So whatcha got and how do ya like it?, what would you do/buy different ?

redarrow

timbrhuntr

Love my excalibur  :z-loveshower:

I have taken several deer, a bull moose, and a couple turkeys with it.

I have never shot a 10-point but the guys I moose hunt with all have them. It seems like every year one of them has an issue with one and can't hunt. Broken stirups, cut string etc. I have yet to have an issue with my excalibur. The added benefit for me I guess it is also made in Ontario where I live. Being a recurve it is also easy to fix most problems you have in the field. And you don't have to shoot an arrow to unload it  ::)

kamski1151

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

maustypsu

They just made crossbows legal in NC.  They also now allow us to hunt on Sundays but only with bows (no guns).  So this year I will give the crossbow a try on a few Sunday mornings.

Fox Fire

Very nice equipment guys, so are the triggers ok on them ? maybe adjustable or can be doctored up to remove the creep and poundage??

As far as the recurve limbs V/S compound, is ther a lotta difference inthe speed ?

VAHUNTER

www.parkerbows.com they have a fantastic lineup . there Concorde new for 2011 has a button in the stock that you push to cock it. how cool is that  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

Devastator

i shoot a strykeforce.the new ones that are coming out this year look to be even better.

shoot2kill23

be careful of red dot sights on crossbows. if you set it down on a table and look through it you can walk it around. if your cheek doesnt hit the stock in the same spot everytime your shot will vary. all in all crossbows are very effective and accurate. thery also take away all the movement of a draw and are deadly. i choose not to use one due to the fact i like the challenge of the draw. 10 point makes so of the best crossbows. the most bang for your buck hands down.
-huntin' bucks and drivin' trucks-

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Woodsman4God

Shot with a ten point Defender CLS lightweight,accurate and fast. Wifes first deer

beagler

Never Misses

bowhunter84

crossbows are illegal to turkey hunt with here in alabama

200racing

cant take it in the turkey woods .........but i have a barnett jackal. it is not my main weapon i use it in my ground blind during bow deer. it is a budget model and you can kind of tell it. if it was my sole weapon i would go higher end.i got it out of curiosity and for my dad to use last year for public land hunting (bow only) he got a pearson vertical 2 months ago. he got tired of the bulk,precocking and firing after hunt.
it does not have the mystique a vertical does to me. sight it in then take the the woods. it is a achery tool and other than a trigger and scope it has no gun charateristics  we dont shoot any futher than our coumpounds the bolt drop pretty good. they are loud and are one shot deals in almost all situations.

just a reminder watch your thumbs.
weatherby pa-08.undertaker choke.tru-glo tru bead.
win. hv #5 3in
rem. premeir mag. #6 3in

turkeys aren't hard to kill....they're hard to kill legally.

rempumpman

Love my excals; really a great hunting weapon;
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.