Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

SP-10/PG .690 & .710/NITRO 7'S & 4X5X7 PATTERN RESULTS

Started by SKFOOTER, March 26, 2011, 12:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

Finally got my Nitro's in and patterned them yesterday afternoon with the Pure Gold chokes.  My SP-10 with the PG .690 put 356 Nitro #H210 #7 pellets in a 10" circle @ 40 yards and put 250 Nitro #H210 4X5X7 pellets in a 10" circle @ 40yards.  The PG .710 put 324 pellets of both the #H210 #7's & the #H210 4X5X7 in a 10" circle @ 40yards.  I was expecting 400+ from the PG .690/Straight 7 loads and was surprised at the PG .710 shooting the same patterns with both loads.  This is my first year of really tinkering with the SP-10 and Nitro loads.  I would welcome any comments. 

S.C.C

Post up some pic's of your patterns and the wad that was in the shells. :icon_thumright:

SKFOOTER

S.C.C

SK you have two good chokes for either load...depending on overall pattern the .690 for the 7's
and the .710 for the triplex may be best? :icon_thumright:
What do you think about those slow shootin 5$ WIN. SUP. PB 6's?  ;D

SKFOOTER

eight bore

You didn't mention the temperature when you patterned.

Something's i have learned from this site and applied have proven as effective
as claimed. Deep cleaning a bore and choke, temperature effect on patterns,
choke dimensions to bore diameter.
One thing that seems overlooked and pointed out
by our more knowledgeable contributor's is allowing a choke to break in ! I see chokes for sale
in the classified's that are only fired three times or less.
I observed a pg 690 improve gradually over
thirty rounds fired. Also saw a dramatic improvement with a lightly polished 720 choke that performed
so poorly when new i considered it a lost cause. Also noted early on that mass produced ammo was
inconsistent enough to convince me to handload all my ammo.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan