Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What weapon you carrying?

Started by davisd9, February 02, 2015, 08:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

I am going to hunt my 835 mostly, but I am still trying to fine tune my 20 ga 11-87. Found a decent pattern with Nitro 7s and a jellyhead but I really want to be able to use fed HW 7s. Picked up a Pure Gold .555 and SumToy 562-5 to give a try to see what I can do. If they do not give me what I want then I will either but a 21" barrel or give the 11-87 to my wife and buy me a 21" 870.

Had someone give me a box of 3.5" Winchester Longbeard #5s so I am going to play with them in my 835.  I am mostly interested in what I can do with the 20 yards pattern.  We shall see.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WV Ridge Reaper

The M2 will be in my hands with a IC 665 and some LB's 6s in my pocket...Still gotta check out one of those FF's next week at the convention.

Like to find a 870 youth with a 21 inch barrel for rainy days.

PS....If anyone is looking for a tactical stock for a Mossberg 20 gauge let me know..Im trying to sell my ATI stock.

dirt road ninja

Same as last year, my 935. I keep saying I'm going to take the 10 gauge out, but never do. May carry the 20 gauge some, I did once last year.

okiegobblers

870 express with ventilator choke, mossy oak obsession thumbhole stock and fore grip and truglo front sight.

davisd9

Well if we are posting pictures and all, only one I have. :D

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

birdyhunter

Nova with a 26" barrel, sum toy 665 and dead ringer sights. Shootin 3 1/2" Winchester supreme elite #6s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: davisd9 on February 02, 2015, 08:27:25 PM
Well if we are posting pictures and all, only one I have. :D

Sent from the Strut Zone

Well it looks like you win since you have dead turkey with yours!!!

WNY Bowhunter

Browning BPS 3.5" / 26" Barrel /  Pure Gold .670 choke / 3.5" Hevi Mag Blends

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

dirt road ninja

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on February 02, 2015, 09:49:11 PM

How is your sling attached to front of your gun, magazine cap?

boomer

I will be taking the old bowtech destroyer out. And might break out the Knight tk2000 muzzleloader or just use the SBE with a IC .655 and #6's.

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 02, 2015, 10:04:43 PM
Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on February 02, 2015, 09:49:11 PM

How is your sling attached to front of your gun, magazine cap?

Correct.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

trkehunr93

My 835 as always, may carry my 500 some as well as my old Stevens model single shot.  Just so confident with the 835, love that gun.

Bustabeak

I be trying out my new A5 with a Indian creek black diamond strike .670

I'm gonna test out the longbeards, magblends, and the 3d degrees to see which patterns the best. Hopefully by next weekend.

Assault

VERSAMAX/VERSAMAX WATERFOWL PRO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeykiller22

Using the same one I have in years past..... SBE 2 with a .660 JellyHead, Shooting Nitro's 4x5x7 I patterned @40yds and got 267 in the circle. 
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/