OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Start dates?  (Read 8635 times)

Offline Turkeykiller12

Start dates?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 05:30:01 PM »
GA: Youth is open March 14 and 15. Regular season opens March 21 and goes thru May 15.

Offline WNY Bowhunter

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Start dates?
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 09:55:16 PM »
Looks like I'm going to be starting my season on 4/18 for the opening weekend of the KY season... :z-guntootsmiley:
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 10:15:49 PM »
Looks like I'm going to be starting my season on 4/18 for the opening weekend of the KY season... :z-guntootsmiley:

Daniel Boone NF again? 

Offline WNY Bowhunter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 10:31:02 PM »
Nope, private ground this time... :icon_thumright:

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 07:21:33 AM »

Awesome! KY is one of the states near the top of my list of places I want to hunt!  Hope you give us a good run down of the trip and I cannot wait to see the gobblers you knock down!
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline turkeykiller22

• Grounded Brand
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 12:34:49 PM »
I will be starting in AL on March 14th this spring. The last weekend of March I am headed South Carolina for a few days. Then in Tennessee for a few weeks. I will either finish up in Kentucky or Missouri I am not sure yet... Would like to hit Kentucky since I have never been but we shall see. Good luck to all this spring!

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 02:20:02 PM »
Looks like turkeykiller 12, turkeykiller 22, and myself start this weekend. I know ya'll are looking forward to it as much as I. With a little luck maybe we will have a couple to post up. The weather is looking good for my neck of the woods and all signs are pointing toward hearing a few birds. All went well with my practice run for youth season and I'm confident of some action this weekend. I would love to shoot one, but as I texted Donald, what I'm truly looking forward to the most is a "spirited pursuit". I happy if only to talk with one for awhile. Good luck, be safe, and hunt smart.

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 03:16:41 PM »
Good luck everyone!  Watched one strutting from my kitchen window for about 7-8 hens in my neighbors yard on Sunday AM.  Bad part is we live within city limits so no hunting.  Listening officially started this AM, none heard.  Looking forward to some dead turkey pics.

Offline WNY Bowhunter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 10:04:13 AM »
I was out doing some shed hunting / scouting yesterday and came across the track of two gobblers that were cruising bare spots.  I ended up spooking them down the field aways.  Glad to see that they made it...

A lot of snow has melted off...some bare spots in the fields...but the drifts along the hedgerows are still several feet deep and will be here in to April for sure. We've got several more days of temps in the upper 40's ahead...hopefully, it'll melt a bunch more of it.

Offline C J Stahly

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 09:36:20 PM »
Indiana is April 18-19 youth Regular season is April 22

Where at in Indiana are you from and/or where do you hunt?

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 11:10:41 AM »
Looks like trkehunr93 will start on Saturday and WNY Bowhunter is not far behind on the following Saturday.  Good luck guys!
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 12:30:52 PM »
Fingers are crossed!  I have been out listening every morning since Saturday.  Prior to that I have been out at least 3-4 times a week since mid-March, I wake up before daylight really well now ;D.  I've located 5-6 birds at the place I hunt, spotted two of them (mature birds) in a field Tuesday AM with two hens.  Last two mornings gobbling has been sparse and nothing this morning.  There is a larger flock with two gobblers that have been hanging out in a cowfield next to the farm I hunt and they have been roosted on or close to it several times so hopefully the hens will keep bringing them over the boundary line.  One more morning to listen and a roosting session tomorrow evening and it's game on Sat. 

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 01:08:54 PM »
Fingers are crossed!  I have been out listening every morning since Saturday.  Prior to that I have been out at least 3-4 times a week since mid-March, I wake up before daylight really well now ;D.  I've located 5-6 birds at the place I hunt, spotted two of them (mature birds) in a field Tuesday AM with two hens.  Last two mornings gobbling has been sparse and nothing this morning.  There is a larger flock with two gobblers that have been hanging out in a cowfield next to the farm I hunt and they have been roosted on or close to it several times so hopefully the hens will keep bringing them over the boundary line.  One more morning to listen and a roosting session tomorrow evening and it's game on Sat.

Good luck my friend!  I am going back after some birds that I tried yesterday with no luck.  I will be checking the board periodically to see if one is down.

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 05:01:26 PM »
Good luck to you. Hope they're fired up ready to die.

Offline WNY Bowhunter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 09:36:50 PM »
Leaving for KY next friday to hunt for the first 3 days...then the NY youth season opens the following saturday and then our regular season opens the friday after that (5/1). It finally looks/feels like spring here in the northeast. I can't wait!!!