turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

EOTECH help/advise

Started by delta hunter, January 29, 2015, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delta hunter

I have an EOTECH 551 and want to mount it on my 870. I know I will have to drill and tap the receiver, but I have 2 technical questions..::

1. What rail/mount should I use? Standard picatinny rail?
2. Will the optic be too high off the receiver??

Thanks in advance

delta hunter

chatterbox

Hey there!

You will want to use a picitinny rail, as the weaver bases do not have enough slots to allow enough adjustment of the EoTechs.
Secondly, the sight does sit higher than normal. I had to get a neoprene cheek riser on my 835 as I was having to deal with a lot of cheek slap, which I didn't care for.
I ended up selling mine and going with a Burris FFIII and Marlin 335 base. That is the lowest combination outside of a Burris Speed bead you will find.
I just felt the eotech sat too high for my liking. It is one of the best sights out there though if you don't mind a sight that does sit a bit tall.

delta hunter

thanks!! I think I'm going to sell it and go another route. I don't like how high it's gonna sit

chatterbox

Quote from: delta hunter on January 31, 2015, 11:37:17 AM
thanks!! I think I'm going to sell it and go another route. I don't like how high it's gonna sit
Personally if it were me, I would get it drilled/tapped for a 336 Marlin base, and a FFIII.

CrustyRusty

Good idea, they sit way too high for me!! 

Quote from: delta hunter on January 31, 2015, 11:37:17 AM