OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

David Halloran calls

Started by CB on the run, March 21, 2011, 07:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB on the run

We were out scouting and running and gunning for some end of season crows by our property.  My son had been in contact with caller maker Davide Halloran and we swung by his shop for a look see.  Pleased to find a very personable family who invited us into their home.  We were impressed with the quality of the hand made calls.  Apparently Mr Halloran has been making turkey calls since he was 12 years old.  I was impressed by his Crystal Mistress and bought one.  My son ordered one of his custom box calls.  I also like the tone of his She Devil mouth call.  Both will get some action this spring.
  Managed to ground a half dozen crows and my son rolled a coyote on the last set up.  A long shot for lead 5's at 65 yards.  Not enough snow cover to track and finish the job.  I don't like to leave anything suffering, even a yote.

CB

Larry Mac

His calls work

While I don't live close enough to visit his shop. he was  accessible by phone and helpful with advice on what type of calls  do what

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

cassga

I met him last year in Nashville and picked up his aluminum pot call.  After the season, I ordered a macassar ebony and poplar box which sings turkey. I also picked up a couple of his new mouth calls this year in Nashville. David is a stand up guy and builds some excellent turkey calls.

bowhunter84

Cove

I've got a couple of his mouth calls occupying space in my vest this year.

archery1

that crystal  mistress does sound sweeeet.. i might have to get one.. its either his or wendalls aluminum pot calls
Take a kid hunting

Rio Fan

I love David's calls.  I've had a lot of success the past two springs with his double glass call.  My next call will be the Crystal Mistress.

savduck

I Like his stuff. Several of his calls are in my vest this season.
Georgia Boy

VAHUNTER

i have heard nothing but good about his calls. i have been planning on picking up 1 or 2 for some time
Good things come to those who wait

theroaddog

Quote from: archery1 on March 21, 2011, 12:36:18 PM
that crystal  mistress does sound sweeeet.. i might have to get one.. its either his or wendalls aluminum pot calls

I have one of each and love them both. 

Chester

I love my Crystal Mistress from David Halloran.

Scout24

In the last six months I've bought a Crystal Mistress, a Woodhaven Cherry Classic, a Lights Out aluminum, and a Cane Creek Pro Custom and only Halloran's CM made me say "Wow!" when I first played it.

J Gilbert

Both of my main calls are from David.  I used my aluminum call from him a good bit last year, and had him make me something a little different this year.  It's a Crystal Mistress top with a Sugartown Sweetness bottom and it's pure turkey, it'll be the first call pulled from my vest this year