OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mueller Quick Shot Review - Very Pic Heavy- UPDATED 2/12/11  (Read 41019 times)

Offline reynolds243

• Longbeard
  • Lebanon TN
    • Simmons Calls
Re: Mueller Quick Shot Review - Very Pic Heavy- UPDATED 2/12/11
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »
they have those and the MAX-4 camo at bass pro if you are looking for that camo pattern.

Offline old frank

• Georgia
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 08:13:48 PM »
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=644951

I put one of these on my 870 and added a piece of mouse pad to raise my head so I could see the Mueller with a Saddle mount.

They have it upside down on the picture. The straps are on the bottom, it is solid on top. Nice pouch to carry shells inside or out and a good place for allen wrenches and spare batteries.

Hunting with the Mueller set up today for the first time. Everything worked fine. Automatic setting made it a little bright for me so I set it manually.

Offline eight bore

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 11:31:02 PM »
Ok so Ray posted my problem with my ten gauge and the sight failing to work.
I contacted Mueller about what i found and my concerns on the longevity of the sight
on this gun shooting the loads i use. They reassured me the sight can take it and
was just the battery going dead. They were right, i tested the battery on a ohm meter and it was almost dead.
They informed me battery life at constant on is 40 hours. So a new battery has me blazing away with
no problems. False alarm, my bad.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

Offline sugarray

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2011, 08:09:07 AM »
No way.  You had a problem and posted it up.  We have to know these things.  I am glad it worked out well for you, but you have just saved someone else a lot of grief.  So, thanks.

Offline JUGHEAD

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2011, 06:34:23 PM »
They informed me battery life at constant on is 40 hours.
I've been leaning heavily toward the Mueller for my 935, until I came across this little quote.  I don't know about you guy, but that just doesn't sound like a whole lot of time to me???  Am I being too picky?  Also interested in hearing others' experiences with this sight now that they have a 1 or 2 worth of experience under their belts.

BurrisOptics

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2011, 09:30:20 AM »
You gotta remove the FF2 to change the battery on it; that seems like the biggest disadvantage it has. I know it lasts for hundreds of hours, but batteries are always subject to failure.

I try not to comment in threads not directly related to Burris products as I think it's very tacky but since this came up I feel that some clarification is needed.  Yes, you do have to remove the FF2 to replace the battery but the battery does not last hundreds of hours.  It lasts thousands of hours.  In the neighborhood of 20,000 to be more specific.  I just wanted to make that clear.   ;)

BurrisOptics

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 10:26:30 AM »
No worries.   ;)

I know you weren't trying to bash Burris.  I just wanted to clarify.  No harm no foul.   ;D

Offline old3toe

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 04:28:29 PM »
 Hey everyone..i have always used a scope on my turkey guns but finally tried a red dot as of the last three years..i will be purchasing a mueller for this spring..for those that are concerned with battery life and failing batteries..40 hrs of battery life is equal to a lot of called in and shot or missed gobblers!!lol i always replace the battery at the beginning of each season and have no problems..and that is with an older redhead red dot..also i used to be worried about forgetting to turn it on or having the gun on your shoulder and walk up on a bird..its amazing what you can do when your well aqainted with your equipment..i almost kicked an old gobbler one day coming out on a nice late morning day with my gun on my shoulder...my gun came up and i settled and fired by the time the bird was approximately 15 yards running away..and missed lol i think i was shaken more than he was..while i was tryin to figure out how i managed to flub the shot up the question popped in my head!! Who turned my dot on?? Lol yep i had turned it on in all the commotion..guess it was just ingrained in my memory from using that setup so much..anyway ill never forget that little happening and will deffinitely continue to use a red dot of some kind..they truly are a superior aiming system in my book.

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »
Here is a tip for any and all electronic sighting devices. Get batteries before the season from a battery company such as Allstate Batteries or a reputable company online. They specialize in batteries and their reputations depend on them performing well. I have found that batteries from retail stores like MalWart or Malgreens seem to go dead so much quicker, possibly due to the chain having them in stock for too long under less than optimal conditions.

The batteries that came in the Mueller QuikShot wound up lasting me 2 seasons, but I am always careful to turn it off when I put the gun in the case and turn it on when I take it out.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline strut-n-rut

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2016, 10:50:14 AM »
Looks like a good site

Offline Crobinson

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 09:14:49 AM »
Mueller Quick Shot

I purchased my Quick shot back in 2012 and topped in on Mossberg 535. After several years of abuse shooting 3 1/2's it would no longer hold zero. After reading Mueller's warranty disclaimer about the original receipt required for repair I figured I had gotten my money's worth already. I gave them a call anyway and was surprised when they told me Optics Planet probably still had a copy, sure enough, after a few mins chatting I had a copy of my original receipt.

Then I noticed the fine print stating 3 years against manufacturer’s defects. So again I called Mueller support knowing I'm outside of 3 years. I was told to send it anyway.

Received a email stating the lens came lose and new replacement scope had shipped.

Pretty strong customer service in my opinion.

I've yet to kill a battery, but always have a spare in vest