Previous topic - Next topic

Illini Tom

yup, i plan on being back with the team
got tag no. 1 secured, apply for no. 2 next week
opening day just a little over 3 months away

Illini Tom

got us on the board for 2016 yesterday  :D  ;D :gobble:
another fall tom couldnt resist some gooserbat bacon
first kill for the new mission xbow that delivered an NAP gobbler getter on mark at 25 yards. feathers flew and he made it about 15 yards before falling
weighed 21.2, with 8 inch beard and inch spurs

sonofabuck

Count me in!!  I didn't get to deer hunt much this fall but my limited time was VERY, VERY productive.  I had shoulder surgery back in August and was unable to bow hunt.  I did get approved for crossbow use but with a bum arm it just wasn't the same.  I had a mule deer hunt booked for November and was well enough to get to go.  Shot a nice one on the third morning.  We saw the buck the first morning and after a long stalk we spooked a different bedded deer and the game was up.  The morning I shot him we spotted him heading to bed about 800 yards out.  There were several does in the field and I guess he got a whiff of love in the air and headed straight back to us.  He popped up out of the creek 350 yards away and the .308 rang true.  Due to scheduling I thought that would end my hunting season.  But, the stars aligned and I was able to get one weekend at my Kentucky lease. On Sunday just a few hours before having to leave a nice 8 was chasing a doe in and out of a very thick cutover.  He stepped out just a little too far and I was able to connect.  Hopefully I'll be as lucky this spring!!  I'm off to a good start as I just found out I'll have 4 day weekends all spring. 

Illini Tom

congrats on a great season, buck, those are some nice ones

turkey buster

Gooserbat

I done a bunch of doe patrol. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nickhrp

That's a stud of s buck
God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

Quote from: Illini Tom on January 07, 2016, 09:38:33 AM
got us on the board for 2016 yesterday  :D  ;D :gobble:
another fall tom couldnt resist some gooserbat bacon
first kill for the new mission xbow that delivered an NAP gobbler getter on mark at 25 yards. feathers flew and he made it about 15 yards before falling
weighed 21.2, with 8 inch beard and inch spurs
wow talk about a jump start nice bird tom
God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

I went ahead and posted confirmed team members if anybody knows how to get in touch with others please do
God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

That's a fine buck. What was the weight. Looks like a pig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey buster

My buddy tiny will be in again. He don't get on here and chat like us but he will post his kill for the team

Whitney lewis

Yes sir I will be here another year

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

Can you refresh me on tinys forum name
God Bless the Outdoors

Whitney lewis

I am tiny can u chafe your forum name on here?