OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 54868 times)

Offline turkey buster

• Longbeard
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2015, 05:53:36 AM »
If you decide against a Darton I love my PSE Evo. Fine shooting bow

Offline Onpoint

• Longbeard
« Reply #316 on: July 04, 2015, 02:13:45 PM »
Oh yeah, Trying to decide on a new bow this year.

You know I'm a factory rep for Darton right?  You know I'll have some factory demos for like 40% under MAP cost.
Rex Darlington is a genius.  Anybody that uses the 2 track cam has to pay Him a premium.

Offline Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #317 on: July 04, 2015, 09:01:22 PM »
Oh yeah, Trying to decide on a new bow this year.

You know I'm a factory rep for Darton right?  You know I'll have some factory demos for like 40% under MAP cost.
Rex Darlington is a genius.  Anybody that uses the 2 track cam has to pay Him a premium.

Actually Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech, Elite, Athens, New Breed, Obsession...and many more uses one of Darton's cam pattens.  That said Rex is  a great guy who is generous with leasing his pattens to the industry.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline nickhrp

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Gobble gobble
General Discussion
« Reply #318 on: July 14, 2015, 08:53:47 AM »
Had a darton excel many moons ago really liked that bow but haven't seen one in any the shops in my area
God Bless the Outdoors

Offline ericjames

• Longbeard
General Discussion
« Reply #319 on: July 14, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »
I have been leaning toward the bowtech prodigy.

Offline nickhrp

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Gobble gobble
General Discussion
« Reply #320 on: August 05, 2015, 08:00:23 PM »
I like my new bear agenda but wanting to try either a arena 34 or obsession evolution
God Bless the Outdoors

Offline ericjames

• Longbeard
General Discussion
« Reply #321 on: August 05, 2015, 10:29:11 PM »
Well I went to the local and shot so many I couldn't make my mind up. I was stuck between the elite energy, bowtech prodigy, icon,and the carbon knight. I came home not knowing witch one to get. Well I waited 2 weeks and went back and shot them again. Well I decided I my next now would be a bowtech. I cane home and started looking around on eBay and I saw a new knight for $250 cheaper than the shop. So I purchased it and I'm very pleased with this bow.

Offline nickhrp

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Gobble gobble
General Discussion
« Reply #322 on: September 11, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »
Who chasing fall turkey
God Bless the Outdoors

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
« Reply #323 on: September 14, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »
I have a 2010 Hoyt Katera, been a fine bow for a long time. Then I screwed up and shot an Obsession Fusion 6 two weeks. Now I am scurrying to scrape up the cash to get that bow. That thing was amazing
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Offline Illini Tom

• Gobble Gobble ... Bang!
« Reply #324 on: September 15, 2015, 06:43:09 PM »
Who chasing fall turkey

oh, yeah, am looking forward to archery opener oct. 1
got bow and gun permits. gun season is 9 days at end of october. fall turkey not as much fun to me as chasing spring gobblers, but it's still turkey hunting and great to get out in the woods
hope to spend more time bow turkey hunting this year, but after going a few times early in season that usually gets pushed to the backburner by bow deer hunting and fall fishing

Offline nickhrp

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Gobble gobble
General Discussion
« Reply #325 on: September 28, 2015, 12:56:58 AM »
Ours opened yesterday still got 4 days before I get home I'm itching to break out the recurve
God Bless the Outdoors

Offline Illini Tom

• Gobble Gobble ... Bang!
« Reply #326 on: October 17, 2015, 09:58:37 AM »
got my first bow tom last night on what was planned to be a combo deer/turkey hunt
saw a hen out in the field while slipping into the natural ground blind i made a few years ago. got in undetected, settled in and thought i'd try and call her in. made a hen yelp and nothing. kicked up the volume on an assembly yelp and get a gobble from behind me in the timber!
so i make a gobbler yelp on the gooserbat bacon and hear birds walking in the leaves along with soft clucks and purrs
then a tom steps out into the bean field, follows the timberline toward me and stops less than 10 yards away. the NAP gobbler getter really put the hammer to him. stumbled 10 yards and dropped
had a 7 inch beard and half inch rounded spurs, a 1 1/2 year old bird
i am really starting to like bacon, a very versatile call  :turkey2:

Offline nickhrp

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Gobble gobble
General Discussion
« Reply #327 on: November 02, 2015, 01:11:20 AM »
Congrats tom
I passed a few bowhunting deer only because the buck was big two instances didn't want to spook him and third same big buck but never came in range but didn't want to spook him plus I was in a stand and shooting a turkey from a stand big no no in my unit
God Bless the Outdoors

Offline nickhrp

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Gobble gobble
General Discussion
« Reply #328 on: January 05, 2016, 09:33:31 AM »
Hey guys we have 1 for sure open spot for the 2016 contest hope rest of team reports back season right around the corner if anybody got someone they want to add let me or tom know
God Bless the Outdoors

Offline turkey buster

• Longbeard
« Reply #329 on: January 05, 2016, 09:54:55 AM »
I'm on board