Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General Discussion

Started by nickhrp, January 19, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonofabuck

Got to hunt 3 days this weekend and no luck.  Had a couple fun encounters with some jakes but no long beards.  Had what sounded like a solid bird headed my way Saturday.  He was cutting me off and closing fast.  Saw a hen RUNNING  :turkey2: down the dirt road headed to the bottom he was in.  She hit the wood line about 150 yards from where he was.  As soon as she hit the woods he quit gobbling except for his goodbye to me gobble as he was headed toward her.  I don't think I'll make it back so my KY season appears to be over. 

nickhrp

I'm gonna try a middle day hunt hunt tomorrow set up on a logging road they got torn to pieces scratching hope one comes through cause they sure ain't responding to calls
God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

Good job guys. Seen a few birds killed last few days on here

nickhrp

I'm closing up shop this is the end of my season back to the towboat tommorrow very disappointing season for me first time in 6 seasons I never heard a gobble or not seen at least a Jake but good luck and good hunting to the rest of yall
God Bless the Outdoors

cphill

Its been a rough season on this side of the state to. I called up some birds for the wife and brother in law first part of the season but my luck dried up after that but still got a couple weekends for me

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Illini Tom

dang, thats tough, nick, but if you hunt long enough a bad year happens to everybody

nickhrp

Thanks tom and cphill stay after them and good luck
God Bless the Outdoors

misfire

Well, sorry guys. I went to Nebraska last week with high hopes, didn't work out. These were hard pressured birds, had 4 strutters within 100yds,  that was the best I could do. So the two birds is all I can do this season. Had many birds in range that for one reason or another didn't feel the fire. God was good to me either way.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

cphill

Well I got one Friday that will score 59 but tapatalk ain't working so give me a day or two and I will get pics up

Illini Tom

great news. congrats, cp  :happy0064:
that should give us another upgrade  :icon_thumright:

ericjames

Quote from: cphill on May 11, 2015, 05:31:36 PM
Well I got one Friday that will score 59 but tapatalk ain't working so give me a day or two and I will get pics up

Congratulations on the bird.

cphill

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

How many more days left in season for everyone
God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

:popcorn I've been done. Just watching lol