OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2015 Contest Rule Change (Multi Bearded Birds)

Started by davisd9, January 16, 2015, 08:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

We are now only counting in the score a birds longest beard.  Years before it was all beards.  I personally do not like the change, but very much understand it.  We just need to remember that the only beard that will count is the longest.

Copied from rules:
only the longest beard of a multi bearded gobbler will be scored for the Team contest this is a subject of controversy, there may be a separate Individual non typical (not team ) contest gobblers may be scored in both but in the team contest only the longest beard or spur on each leg

Also highlighted in the thread of the 2015 rules.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

willy8457

Sounds more fair for everybody. Having a jake with three five inch beards score higher than a bird with a twelve inch beard just  doesn't sound fair, just my opinion.

davisd9

Quote from: willy8457 on January 16, 2015, 09:30:39 AM
Sounds more fair for everybody. Having a jake with three five inch beards score higher than a bird with a twelve inch beard just  doesn't sound fair, just my opinion.

Life is not fair and we all have the same opportunity to walk up to a gobbler and be surprised by multiple beards.  Like I stated, I do not like the rule but understand it.  I am not upset with Old Gobbler or anyone for the rule change, just sad controversy in a just for fun game makes it so that a deserving bird cannot be counted as it should, a trophy.  Always a few bad apples to mess up the barrel, I guess.

The rule was made and it will be respected.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

willy8457

Like I said just my opinion, Rules are rules and whatever they are we must abide by them. Like you said this should be just for fun and bragging rights  but that is always not the case. Good luck to you and your Team.

davisd9

This is the Spur Collectors board. Please take discussions to the general contest board.

Sent from the Strut Zone