OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Blue Dyed Wood

Started by Austy, January 04, 2015, 05:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

Need Some Help!!!

I was wondering if anyone has any wood that they have dyed a very nice distinct BLUE color!!  I have been asked by a friend who is a Police Officer to make a box call for a young hunter who is going to hunt turkeys for his first time this spring season with my friend.  Unfortunately for this young hunter, his father who worked with my friend will not be along to witness his son's first spring turkey hunt as he died suddenly at age 43 of a massive heart attack.  This young fellow was right in the thick of things when his father had his fatal heart attack trying to help to no avail.  I would like to make for this young fellow a Cost Style box call and use the BLUE dyed wood for the inlays in the box call to signify what we, as I am also a LEO refer to as the "Thin Blue Line".  If anyone has any that they would be willing to part with or knows of a source for some please send me a PM on here so that I can get in touch with you to work out some details.  Any help would be appreciated, Thanks..

Austy

mastevt

I got some Royal Blue Indigo Diamondwood.  It's pretty dark blue.  How much you needing?

Austy

Thank you very much Scott for answering my post and helping me out with this project for this young man, I can't thank you enough!!!

Austy

mastevt

Pleasure was all mine!!!!  Awesome talking to you!  You stay safe out there!!  Saw this morning another two officers shot in New York :character0029: :character0029: