turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

new 10 gauge bps stalker which hevi shot load and choke

Started by grizholder@aol.com, January 02, 2015, 12:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizholder@aol.com

Wondering if anyone could recommend me the best hevi shot load and choke for a bps stalker thanks

Mowoodsman

I'm new to the forum but I've hunted with my 10ga BPS for about 6 years now.  I've never used Hevis shot through it.  But I can tell you that Federal #5's in the old 2 1/4 oz load and the 2 oz load has consistently killed big Missouri Toms at 65 yards.  I used a Hastings horizontal ported .695 choke.  Deadly on hung up Gobblers.  I had a friend recommend to try using Nitro Company.  He swears by them.  I hope this helps.  Glad to be a part of the forum!
Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

grizholder@aol.com

Thanks for the reply I talked to a guy at jebs chokes made here in ga he says 100%  full refund if I don't get 90 percent of the pellets in 20 inch circle at 40 yards guys may want to check them out I'm gonna order one I'll put some pics up

grizholder@aol.com

Ok I need help my gun is only putting 150 pellets in 10 inch at 40 with mag blends and only 50 or so with straight 5 hevi shot 2 3/8 load shooting a 685 constriction choke is this to tight or what's up I have also tried some nitro a friend give me but doesn't remember exactly how they where loaded help please.

Hossfly01

grizholder@aol.com

It seems as if everyone is shooting 690 what kind of numbers are you getting thanks

the Ward

Those numbers do seem pretty low. Did you draw the 10" circle around the densest part of the pattern after shooting or did ya draw the circle then shoot? Could be the choke constriction is too tight, but it could be the barrel needs really scrubbed out good and be free of oil. Cold temps will give you lower numbers also. I haven't shot either one of those shells so I can't give you any 10" counts for them, but I'm guessing with the mag-blends you should be in 250 range at least.I know I've seen a few posts somewhere that guys were getting over 300 with the blends, so something is definitely off.

grizholder@aol.com

Ok got her fixed drove down to jebs chokes now I'm putting 206 in 10 inch circle and 420 inside 20 inch circle thanks for all the help