turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bullhead help

Started by nickhrp, December 26, 2014, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickhrp

Wanting to switch to a head and neck shot setup my question for those who use these do you have to have a special fletched arrow or use one of you standard arrows

God Bless the Outdoors

Kevin6Q

I am going to try these in the spring. I've been using Rage and NAP for taking head and neck shots. Missed too many by less than an inch. Reviews of Bullheads have them flying okay for 20 yards so my thoughts are fletching the arrows as a flu-flu or using en extra 5" feather set with no helical. Flu-flus stabilize super fast but they are a bit noisy which might get the bird to periscope up a bit more. My rest is a Rip-Cord so the abundance of stuff hanging off the back of the arrow isn't an issue.  My sight is a single pin and the tape is marked for different arrows so I'd just add another color marking for the Bullhead.

The drawback to the high drag arrows is a more arching flightpath so the idea of a fast arrow and one pin to 30 is no longer. The plan is to try several fletching setups this winter to see what flies the best with the least amount of sight play. If I can find the sweet spot for accuracy the goal will be to get the bird into the zone before taking the shot. Wishful thinking for getting the bird to call in and stand still at 16 yards ......

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

cornfedkiller

Do yourself and get the Victory arrows that bullhead sells.  Full length so that your head is out in front of the bow, a stiffer spine (required for the longer arrow and big head), and fletched with feathers, which help with stability.  They literally take all the guesswork out of the setup. 

I have shot them for a couple years now and couldn't be happier with them!

nickhrp

Quote from: cornfedkiller on January 02, 2015, 11:36:43 PM
Do yourself and get the Victory arrows that bullhead sells.  Full length so that your head is out in front of the bow, a stiffer spine (required for the longer arrow and big head), and fletched with feathers, which help with stability.  They literally take all the guesswork out of the setup. 

How do feathers hold up through a whisker biscuit

God Bless the Outdoors

cornfedkiller

Quote from: nickhrp on January 12, 2015, 11:52:11 PM

How do feathers hold up through a whisker biscuit

That I have no idea about.  Shoot Magnus an email and ask them.  Sorry I cant help you with that..

You can probably shoot them just fine with plastic vanes, but you need a stiff arrow!

Ishi

Use the full length victory and do away with the whisker bisquet. They are a rush to use. It's either a kill or miss.
The Spirit Lives On

nickhrp

Just put the biscuit on sold my dropaway just like the simplicity of the biscuit
God Bless the Outdoors

Dan Mallia

Quote from: cornfedkiller on January 02, 2015, 11:36:43 PM

Yep  :happy0064: