OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Derby City Calls

Started by siyakadog, March 19, 2011, 10:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

siyakadog

Anyone have one of their calls?  I like the design and I think it would be easy for my  7 yr old daughter to hold it and use it. 

letinmfly

I don't personally own one yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about their calls.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

doepee

I have a honduran mahogany slate/glass and a green anodized aluminum also... in the magnum style... great sounding calls , I would think they are a little large for a 7 yr old but that just my opinion...  :icon_thumright:

bowhunter84

Quote from: letinmfly on March 19, 2011, 10:07:36 PM
I don't personally own one yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about their calls.
:agreed:

Cut*N*Run

I'm sure they're great calls, but if you're looking for a call that's sized right for your girl, I would suggest a 3" call. A 3" slate over glass sounds awesome and it's really easy to play. Pretty much the whole surface will sound good. You don't have to search around for a sweet spot.

NYbassman

I have thought about purchasing one based on a few reviews I have read, but I just can't get past the sound files on their website. they just sound horrid to my ear, just doesn't sound "real". Anybody else got any soundfiles they made on their own? Would like to hear them, as I have a few bass pro giftcards to use and they carry the DCC.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

keyser12ga

I had a chance to run their slate and anodized the other day, the slate sounded good, it is a larger call.  The anodized needed an alcohol pad taken to it, so I don't have an opinion there.

NYbassman

What is there to question Gitzit? I simply do not think the sound files of the call sound like a turkey. listen to this one off of their website, does it sound real to your ear? Sounds like a slate call to my ear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3F8vUcjG-s&feature=player_embedded

I was not bashing the calls, in fact I have expressed interest in purchasing one, I would just like to hear one run first to its fullest capabilities. Lets face it, they are not cheap calls.

archery1

THEY DO HAVE SOME KOOL DESIGNS
Take a kid hunting

gobblerkiller

Quote from: NYbassman on March 20, 2011, 01:32:11 PM
I have thought about purchasing one based on a few reviews I have read, but I just can't get past the sound files on their website. they just sound horrid to my ear, just doesn't sound "real". Anybody else got any soundfiles they made on their own? Would like to hear them, as I have a few bass pro giftcards to use and they carry the DCC.

I do apologize about the call audio files on the website. I didn't have a very good location to call from while doing these. I can guarantee you that these calls are pure turkey. Here is video clip of one of our pro staff members call in a contest with some http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPgWDl5_zBo&feature=player_embedded