OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First Scratchbox

Started by davisd9, November 21, 2014, 11:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Picked up this beauty from Mr. Al Shoemaker of SS Custom Calls. It is Sapele/Yellow Cedar with Holly soundboard. Heard her soundfile and she can sing. Unfortunately I am not playing her to her potential but I will be practicing and hope to post a picture of her in the woods after she has done her work. Great craftsmanship!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

hunter22

You got yourself a good one right there. Al and Josh do know how to make a scratcher that sounds hen turkey to my old ears.

mwr

Al and Josh make some great calls!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Wingboneman

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mgm1955

That's a beauty and I know will be a turkey slayer. Congrats!!

silverspur

You got a good one from the boys! :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Old Timer53

M Sharpe

When you heard the old timers talk about box calls, these are what they were talking about. Good looking caller Donald. I'm sure you'll have it singing 'fore long!!

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

callmakerman

You got yourself a good one that's for sure. Once you learn how to run them you'll find out what a turkey killin call they really are.