OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Push/Pull Pin Call for Kenny Crummett

Started by Austy, November 09, 2014, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

I haven't posted much lately but thought that this call was worthy of taking the time to post a few pictures of especially with the amount of time that I have into putting the call together.
The box for this Push Pin Call with its very thin bottom are all one solid piece of some very nice hard cherry, almost dead center of the tree.  I made the mistake (not) of showing the first call similar to this to Mr. Crummett back in early September and was ask by him that if I make anymore he would really like to have one for his collection.  The call has an Apple lid with a Turkey tail fan feather on the top and a wing feather wood burned on the underside.  The black walnut paddle has a piece of slate epoxied to the bottom of the paddle with a Poplar striker affixed to the bottom of the call.  The Push rod is Maple with some really nice multicolored buffalo horn end pieces attached to each end of the push rod assembly.  All of the woods with the exception of the Maple push rod were all harvested from here in Carbon County, Pa.   The lid also has a lanyard to keep the lid and box together with a quick release buckle so that the lid can be removed from the call.  Kenny had left the art work for his call up to me but had ask for the upright turkey head which is kind of my signature to be put on one side of the call.  I added just a touch of some red and blue color to the 2 gobbler heads that I burned onto the sides of the call box which look much better in hand than the photos.
I have too many hours into this call to mention and for those of you who make push pin calls on a regular basis "My hat is off to you".  They are a pain in the butt, at least the way I've been making them.

Thanks for the look.

callmakerman

Come on Austy I happen to know how much you enjoy building this style call. :TrainWreck1: Awesome piece of work and I'm sure Kenny will be more than pleased.

silverspur

I am sure that Kenny will really enjoy it. I remember seeing the one you you were showing a bunch of us at that event and it was a crowd pleaser for sure! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Hillbilly280

VANOVER GAME CALLS

Austy

Thanks guys I appreciate the positive comments!!  Thanks for the look.

mgm1955

3bailey3

Awesome caller is there any way to get on the waiting list for one?

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens