turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buying 20 ga. Help!

Started by CoachHunter, November 05, 2014, 10:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoachHunter

Never owned a 20 ga. Want to buy one mainly to turkey hunt with but also be an all around shooter. Think I have it narrowed down to three.

Beretta a400
Benelli m2
Winchester sx3

Beretta and Winchester both gas operated so recoil should be better on these correct? Everything I have read on here praises the Benelli though. Help a future first time 20 owner please.

WV Ridge Reaper

reynolds243

I've shot all 3 and the M2 is the best without question to me

reynolds243

Also the gains from gas as far as recoil goes is minimal on a 20. There is just not a lot of recoil to begin with

reynolds243

CoachHunter

Thanks Reynolds.  They have one in stock at local hardware store so might go pick it up here soon. I have heard they are really good guns.

Tail Feathers

Never heard anyone badmouth the Benelli but the SX3 is reportedly the softest shooter of all of those.  But it's a bit heavier.  It has the advantage of being drilled and tapped in the Universal Hunter model and of course the cantilever model.

Good luck with whichever one you pick.  We'll be looking for a review. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

CoachHunter

After speaking to a few other people I went with the Beretta a400 KO.  Reason being I have always owned Browning shotguns and was told the Beretta was much more similar feeling and shooting to the Browning family than Benelli. I only had time for a few range shots this past Saturday but I love the gun.  Plan on taking it duck hunting tomorrow if we dont continue to get rain dumped on us here in SC, so i'll let you know how it does (or I do, never been duck hunting). To Reynolds, I appreciate all of the info and I had the Benelli in my hand at the counter but didnt "pull the trigger" on it.  And yes Tail, after holding the SX3 it felt a good bit heavier than the other two.  As a side note, I think I could shoot the a400 all day.  The recoil on that gun is ridiculously light.

nothingbutlongbeards

That is an awesome looking Benelli...I little boy shoots an Affintiy
with Mag Blends