OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: bps barrel project  (Read 1909 times)

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
bps barrel project
« on: November 02, 2014, 07:31:11 AM »
Looking around for a cheap used bps10  barrel. Might have some stuff to trade/partial trade for it. I'm planning on having one cut down to 20" and tru-choked with the vent rib removed and Remington style open sights installed, so cosmetics don't matter as long as it has a good bore. I can get a new stalker barrel for 229 but I hate the thought of cutting up a brand new one! If anyone has any leads you can pm me or just post it here. Thanks!

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: bps barrel project
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:18:01 AM »
If you find one I can tell you where to get the threading done. I also have a Sumtoy choke he just made me in Tru Choke threads if you want to try it. Be careful though or this will be an expensive experiment.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 08:50:23 AM »
Thanks for the offer Deadbuck, much appreciated. I don't think I'm going to make too much progress till after the holidays but I've got some stuff I'm selling to help offset the cost, so I might start sooner. I will probably have William at Sumtoy do the work, he's done great stuff for me in the past. I've had an itch to do this for awhile so I guess I will have to scratch it lol! What setup are you running with your 10?

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 01:52:05 PM »
William can make the choke, but he doesn't have the tooling to cut 10 gauge threads inside the barrel. I am shooting an H&R single barrel and Fed HVWT 7's. Getting 201 in the 10 and another 200 in the 20. Before getting it threaded/choked it was shooting 130 ish. The choke William made me is a .685
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:29:02 PM by deadbuck »