OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fexible ca glue

Started by C W, September 02, 2014, 03:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C W

Has anyone tried using fexible ca on pot calls? Just thinking it would look neater under a glass top than goop applied by a shaky old man.
Curt

mmclain

never tried it ...but I don't think it is that flexible...the Gorilla brand is similar and it is most likely the same stuff....but try and see?

Crawdad

I'm not sure if there is such a thing as flexible CA glue, if there is I haven't heard of it.

WillowRidgeCalls

I tried the gel years ago, it looked great and bonded great, but it didn't hold up with the moisture changes of climates, the vibration of the glass caused it to come loose. I've also tried the Lock-on flex glue, for looks it's great, but don't try to play it, it's as dead as can be  :TooFunny:, not sure that stuff is good for anything? The best I've ever used was the Simple-Fix glue, it went on in a thin bead and held like no tomorrow, completely clear, but they outlawed the sale of it in this country, so you have to get it from Australia and the cost to ship it here is outrages with a 4 month shipping time!!
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

pappy

I agree, CA glue is not as flexible or resistant to the stress associated with the continuing fluctuation found in some of our calls, i.e, pot calls...they do make what is called "flexible CA glue" by adding a rubber compound to their glue. They are recommended for pen turners, where the bonded areas are under the stress of everyday usage and not the adverse conditions found during field testing in unpredictable weather changes.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

C W

Thanks for the info gentlemen.
Curt