turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

where to start-burris/eotech etc

Started by Turkey Terror, August 28, 2014, 05:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrustyRusty

I can't answer for beagler, but I have owned both products and have used aimpoint and eotech products both personally and professionally.  The warranty is a non issue for an aimpoint, they are extremely well made and it is doubtful you will ever have an issue.  The only downsides to the 9000sc are that it is a bit large, especially compared to the burris, the rings it comes with are garbage and I find it to exhibit a bit of tunnelvision.  The optics are clear and the dot is quite precise as well as adjustments.

The burris is small and light.  Clarity is good but does not compare to any aimpoint.  Adjustments are good and are fine for a shotgun.  I find it easier for two eyes open shooting.  Luckily the ff sights are covered by a great warranty now which is good because it's not as robust as an aimpoint.  The sight is not as well made as the 9000 but I still give the nod to the burris, but only because of my personal wants.  Those features are the size, lightness and warranty and its perfectly adequate for turkey hunting. 

Quote from: Turkey Terror on October 16, 2014, 06:56:54 PM
Quote from: beagler on October 02, 2014, 08:55:49 PM
Aimpoint 900SC or Burris FFIII  :icon_thumright:

Beagler- Sorry I've been very busy lately. Pros/Cons of each? Any weaknesses of either that you have experienced in certain situations?

If Im not mistaken the Aimpoint has a non transferrable warranty of 5 years or something like that, maybe 10.

Thanks
Colton

the Ward

So far my 2 favorite red-dots are the bushnell trs 25 and the burris ff3. Both are  great sights for the money.   :z-twocents:

sugarray

I started with a Bushnell red/green dot that was great, but was a tube with very narrow window.  Went next to a mueller quick shot and was great, but sat high and I had snow get in and block the reflected red dot.  Then tried FFIII.  Worked very well on my sons 20 g Remington.  I was unable to have enough adjustment to get it lined in on my 24" 835.  Sent back to Burris and they sent me a new one, still unable to get it lined in due to lack of enough adjustment.  I am looking at an Eotech MRDS, and have asked Santa for it.  Burris is great and my son is a dead eye with it.  The company is 2nd to none.