OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Late summer check in  (Read 2233 times)

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Late summer check in
« on: August 15, 2014, 01:38:03 PM »
How have ya’ll been?
I’ve been staying busy with work and waiting on cooler weather, it’s brutal down here right now.  I left my lease in AL. and joined a new one closer to home just outside of Hattiesburg, MS. Looks to be promising and tomorrow I will go and check my cameras for the first time this year.  Seems to be loaded with turkey and deer, sign is everywhere and we see critters just about every time we drive around the place. The turkey hunting may rival my Jefferson County spot. We will probably spend at least 1 day a week working on the place till youth weekend (1st week in NOV.)
I also have been fishing a little and trying to get my son fired up about inshore fishing. He gets more pumped about offshore, but is starting enjoy fishing inside a little. The fishing has been fair at best for me. The trout are hit or miss, but the reds have been steady. Last week I took my boy and a friend of his from school along with the boy’s father to go after trout and reds. Went to the same area where I beat up the trout the weekend before and NADA. Tried for trout for 3 hours then quit to go find reds. The boys caught around 30 before the weather ran us in.

Hope everybody is doing well and good luck this Fall.

Offline hs strut

• tn turkey thumper
Re: Late summer check in
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 01:07:11 PM »
its been pretty busy for me between changing jobs and dealing with dcs. ive also been doin a liitle bass fishin as well as working on my pull truck as money allows i hope everythings goin good for my fellow members
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
Re: Late summer check in
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 09:17:28 AM »
Looks like a good time had by all!