OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional Saturday March 19, 2011

Started by mmims, March 18, 2011, 10:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmims

Dang! I Feel Sorry For The Horse!

John Wesley traveled 250,000 miles on horseback, averaging twenty miles a day for forty years. He preached 4,000 sermons, produced 400 books, learned ten languages. At age eighty-three, he was annoyed that he could not write more than fifteen hours a day without hurting his eyes. At age eighty-six, he felt ashamed he could not preach more than twice a day. He complained in his diary that there was an increasing tendency to lie in bed until 5:30 in the morning.

Faithful, dedicated, persistent, committed, passionate, focused, all these words and more could describe John Wesley. But the best would be relentless! He had a calling, a mission that would not be compromised. His lived his life determined to "preach The Gospel Of Jesus Christ"! When I read this story I immediately thought about the poor horse. A faithful servant, just as Wesley doing his Masters bidding. I am not sure about you, but I get tired. I tend to complain, I procrastinate! Then I read this story and I am shamed. We are on a journey! One day we each of us will find out the hard way just what we missed. Is there someone in our family that don't know Christ? Maybe a friend. I don't have 250,000 miles on my truck and it has several hundred horses! Please don't get angry with me, but I pray that you and I will not get any rest until we find out where God wants us to "mount our horse and ride" to. We just might save a loved one from a fate we dare not want to think about. God bless your journey!

Galatians 6:9 "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

Bro. Mike

BOFF

Not angry at all Mike.

What better place is there,for us to be, than in our Father's will.

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Great lesson Mike, yea we think we have a busy week sometimes and then you look at his life and he must have been on the go all the time. Have a great week brother!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer