OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: A Shadetree scratcher!!!  (Read 3589 times)

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
A Shadetree scratcher!!!
« on: July 02, 2014, 09:57:03 PM »
A couple weeks ago, my wife discovered that our mailbox had suddenly turned into a magic mailbox.....take a look at this.

Bob Fulcher, who owns Shadetree Callers, sent me one of his new style scratchers and I'm flat blown away.  I've always been a fan of Bob's work, and I love his scratch box calls, so when I realized what was in the box I couldn't tear into the bubble wrap fast enough!

Reason I love long boxes is their versatility - a good one will run gobbler, jake or hen yelps and clucks and will kee-kee effortlessly.  So will Bob's new style scratch box.  Depending on where you run it on the sound board, and how much pressure you apply at that location, this scratcher will gobbler yelp, jake yelp or hen yelp - it has an incredible range you just have to hear first hand.  I was blown away.

The walnut in the scratch box was cut by Mr. Dick Kirby himself, and to have a piece of that means so much to me.  I met Mr. Kirby when I was 12 years old, and it was him that instilled in me the passion of the wild turkey.  As if that was enough, as a neat feature, the striker has some Ipe that was part of the Coney Island boardwalk - so how cool is all of that?

Thank you Bob - I really appreciate your time and effort.  This little scratcher will see lots of action in the coming years.  Thank you so much my friend.

John

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline USMC0331

• Longbeard
Re: A Shadetree scratcher!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 10:19:32 PM »
Nice and congrats to a great looking call!

Online outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 05:46:44 AM »
YA THINKING ABOUT POSTING A SOUND FILE ,  :happy0064:
WANA HEAR HER TALK SOME ......
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline SS Calls

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
  • Southwest Virginia
    • SS Custom Calls
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 07:50:30 AM »
 Congrats, fine lookin' scratcher.  :icon_thumright:

Offline silverspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 08:11:05 AM »
Congrats on a fine call from the Ole Shadetree Bob. I will serve you well in the turkey woods!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 09:57:33 AM »
I have two of Bob's scratch boxes and love them both.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 04:57:55 PM »
What an awesome looking call!! I'm sure it sounds even better than it looks!