turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SBE2 with longbeards and Rhino

Started by CrustyRusty, June 03, 2014, 04:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrustyRusty

Shot my new to me SBE2 with a 26" and Rhino choke using 3.5#6's today. Very consistent. The gun/load clearly likes a clean barrel as my first several shots were in the 260's and as I took more shots seemed to settle in and level out into the 230 range. Overall very happy so far but still have plans for trying different combos.  The pic is my last shot that I took after sighting the gun in.

Twowithone

Nice pattern how many yards was this shot at. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

the Ward

Looks really nice and even. What's the constriction on the Rhino?

CrustyRusty

Constriction is 660 and the shots at measured forty yards...thanks.

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Ridge Rooster

I got in the 240's  shooting the same stuff out of my 24" SBE and Rhino .660. If I wasnt shooting the remaining 20 Nitro's, I would be using the Long Beards.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

captin_hook

tomstopper

DirtNap647

lowoctane

:morning:
I'd say you have a winner! Let us know if you find anything better, but don't think you will in lead...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

CrustyRusty

I agree Iowo, it would be a waste of money to try other lead combos, but I will be trying the htl loads now.

lowoctane

I'm kinda like William at Sumtoy;  "how dead do you want it?".  You probably will see better numbers, but at 2.5 times the price per round... :z-twocents:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

CrustyRusty

I've got hundreds of htl.  Stocked up on them a couple of years ago but I hear ya, how dead is dead?Thanks for the comments guys.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Nice even pattern, and a little extra outside the 10" circle.  Very nice.  This combo rocks.

CrustyRusty

Oops, looks like I counted wrong, it should have said 242..Good thing my shooting skills 're better than my math skills... :z-guntootsmiley: