OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional Friday 3/18/2011 A Matter of Perspective (From ODB.org)

Started by BOFF, March 17, 2011, 10:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

A Matter Of Perspective

I was listening and reading this daily devotional on Tuesday March 15th, from Our Daily Bread (ODB.org), and wanted to share it with you.

Here is the link from Tuesday, March 15,2010: http://odb.org/2011/03/15/a-matter-of-perspective/

And the devotional by Joe Stowell in navy color:

One of my favorite stories is about the Texas rancher who was doing agricultural consulting for a farmer in Germany. He asked the German farmer about the size of his property, to which he replied, "About a mile square." When the German asked the Texan about the size of his ranch, the rancher explained that if he got in his pick-up truck at dawn and drove until sunset he would still be on his ranch. Not to be outdone, the farmer replied, "I used to have an old truck like that!"

All joking aside, it's important to have the right perspective. Unfortunately, the Christians in Laodicea had the wrong perspective about wealth (Rev. 3:14-22). By all appearances, they were rich. They had plenty of earthly goods and thought they needed nothing—not even Jesus. But Jesus had a different perspective. In spite of their material prosperity, He saw that they were "wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked" (v.17). So He invited them to become truly rich by seeking what only He could provide: purity, character, righteousness, and wisdom.

Let's not make the Laodicean mistake. Instead, let's keep our perspective right about what it means to be rich. True wealth is not measured by what you have but by who you are in Christ.

In Christ we're rich beyond belief
With wealth the world cannot see;
We have new strength and character,
New righteousness and purity. —Sper

The poorest person is he whose only wealth is money

In reading the above devotional, I got to thinking about our spiritual bank accounts. If we checked our accounts, would our balance/perspective be in line with what God would have us to save? What treasures have we been saving up, those on earth, or those in heaven?

Heavenly Father,

I praise you as King of kings, Lord of lords, and Creator of all. Thank you for your love, grace, forgiveness, and healing hands. Help us to focus on you, your word, and the treasures of heaven. May our spiritual bank accounts be pleasing to you, and may you use them to glorify your kingdom, in all we do. Help us to be diligent in prayer, and seeking your will for us in our daily lives. May our perspectives be on track, not for our glory, but yours. For it is in Jesus name I ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer

Roostem33

Great message David, thanks for the reminder!! :jesus-cross:

Have a great day,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)