Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Good Morning in CT

Started by RIStrutStopper, May 21, 2014, 08:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIStrutStopper

Took the 1.5 hour drive this morning to my early morning hit or miss spot, and today it was a big hit! Had one gobbling on the roost near the edge of the property so I set up right along the edge. He hit the ground hammering and came in on a string barely 10 minutes after legal shooting time. I'll post pics and stats in a few.

turkey harvester

TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

RIStrutStopper

Just got the pics off my phone. The pics I took of the spurs stink. They are both 1 1/8" but holding that tape with one hand and taking pics with the other didn't work out so well. I can take better pics if you want but the legs aren't attached to the bird anymore. Anyway, the bird scored 60.1. Pics going up in the scoring thread in a second.

harleytom

Nice bird. Congrats. Way to hang in there. How much longer do you have left to hunt?

RIStrutStopper

Glad you asked! I thought I had until Sunday, but it turns out I've got until the end of the month! The season ends in RI on 5/25 but I just checked the CT regs and it shows the end of the season is 5/31. Looks like I'll be getting out a few more times.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.