turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lovin' my 10!

Started by the Ward, May 26, 2014, 02:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Did a little shooting over the weekend. Just felt like burning some ammo thru the bps! well I tried  some Winchester  1-5/8 steel bbb and tru-lock Lm choke and the results were not great from 35 yds. real patchy and inconsistent patterns, lots of holes. Well, if I ever decide to use this gun again for waterfowl I will have to try some different combos for sure, but for now she is a dedicated turkey gun. Next up I shot a couple of Federal slugs thru the light mod choke at the same range and was surprised at the accuracy! From a kneeling position I put the first shot right next to the turkey head on a turkey target(I know I pulled a little, didn't know what to expect recoil wise!) The next shot I put dead on thru the center of the head(my aiming point) So this gun has possible potential to use for deer hunting. Need to find more slugs to buy so I can wring her out. Next up I shot some Rem 2-1/4 4s thru a .680 pure gold at approximately the  same distance(35yds) and am really impressed with  that combo. The trs-25 sight and b-square mount stayed rock solid and zero'd thru it all. Amazingly the poi/poa stayed pretty much the same for all loads and chokes! The more I shoot this gun the more I love it, and I'm getting to the point I don't even notice it's weight much anymore. All in all I don't think I'm going to change to a shorter barrel just yet( it has the 26"), it's shooting too good right now. Just thought I'd share a fun day at the range!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase