OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

fall gobbling

Started by otinhunter, January 03, 2016, 03:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otinhunter

Had a awesome fall hunt last Sun more like a spring hunt Lol. I was wondering for all of you that has fall turkey hunted for years what is the most you have heard toms gobbling in the fall/winter?

fallhnt

In one public spot I hunt I hear gobbling 90% of the time. Not so much in others. Most of the gobbling I hear is jakes on the roost or during there fights after flydown.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

otinhunter

That is what I was hearing on and off the early fall season. Fighting and a couple gobbles here and there. I was hunting I believe a group of 2 and 3 year old birds grouped together 8 total. On 12/27 the woods sounded like a spring morning of turkey hunting. A bird started gobbling on the roost and continued on the ground until 9 that morning. The gobbling was mainly 1 bird but 2 others gobbled a few times. I started counting after the first gobble Lol (old habit) and counted a total of 238 gobbles that morning.

silverspur

The jake I shot this year gobbled before I pulled the trigger.  Turkeys can and will gobbler year round as there mood sees fit.  They gobble more in the spring with a purpose for sure
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs