OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 2014 Season in the books  (Read 2989 times)

Offline calebb

2014 Season in the books
« on: May 14, 2014, 04:47:32 PM »
Started the season in MS and hunted hard every weekend from then on. It was a weird year for me as far as working birds but all in all it was a good year. Saw several birds flop but like every year theres a few that will haunt me until next season and they are replaced by some other mistake I make.  Hunted early with a friend from school trying to get him a bird since I killed last year while we were together. Long story short he killed a really interesting 2 year old one afternoon without me, double spurs on both legs. Would have been a real scoring bird with another year under his belt.

Finally killed my first of the year the 3rd weekend in april followed by some good crappie action on saturday and my second bird on sunday.

Went on my annual trip with my dad and younger brother mid may and had a good weekend. We were probably a week to 10 days early and the birds were henned up really bad but still scratched out 9 on the week.

Dads spurs

I had a good time and hope we can string together a little better luck next year as a team and give the other guys a run for their money.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: 2014 Season in the books
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 06:53:22 PM »
Yep I can't complain. I did end up with three birds even with the crazy weather early then dangerous weather the last two weeks. Looks like yall had a blast. reflexl