Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Well we gave it a shot

Started by reflexl, May 12, 2014, 07:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I know its not over with a couple members still hunting out of state but for the most part we are done for the year. The tornados couldn't have come at a worse time for some of our members. Lets remember the tornado victims that are still working through the disaster in our prayers. I was blessed to only loose about a square of shingles and a bunch of trees. Some lost it all. I will be back next year agravating the bama boys once again and praying that we have a safer (for everyone) turkey season in 2015. reflexl

TN Beard Buster

I know what you mean brother. It's bittersweet for me. I've had an awesome season full of new experiences and harvested my oldest gobbler ever. I went to Ohio this past weekend and their birds are acting as crazy as ours. I'm looking forward to next year myself and pray that the weather cooperates better and the birds will be another year older and on my farm. Maybe we can get people on the team next year that will score birds and help the cause. Congrats to the Bama team as well as the other high scoring teams. It was fun while it lasted.

reflexl

Yep I count it as dumb luck that I managed 3 birds with them acting so crazy. I have never seen them act like they did this year. I know some of our members had some tough situations and others decided after the fact not to play. No problem though. We have some guys chomping at the bits to play that we will add this coming year. Hopefully our regular killers will have better situations in 2015. The core group is solid and did a good job. I know some of our group was just like we were, chomping at the bits to go play with the birds then when season got here some job situations politely got in the way. We will be back............

BC

I hate it that you guys had to deal with the storms and tornado's. It hit us pretty hard but I don't think it was nearly to the degree that you Tennessee guys suffered. The great thing is that you all have your lives and that's a world better than a stupid turkey contest any day of the week.

reflexl

Yep it was a miricle that only two were killed. Of course we were very saddened byt he two but if you could see the devestation it is nearly unbeliveable. The are so many houses that are totaly gone you can't even tell there was a house there. I feel so blessed that all I lost was shingles. If it had of shifted 50 more yards it would have got my house. No we are still in clean up mode. It really put a lot of things in perspective. I have some pictures I will post later. reflex264