turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi 13 7s.

Started by Swampchickin234, May 13, 2014, 11:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampchickin234

Obviously, fed hw are the stuff for factory loads. Just curious as to y'all's results with the hevis? Main reason for asking is hevi 7s, 6s, and mag blends are much much easier to find here.  Apologies for so many questions about these 20 ga but I have become a freak on these things.  Thanks for any replies, god bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R AJ

They are still better than current lead shells that I am familiar with.

I prefer #7s. Get your rebates before May 31

Dtrkyman

Patterned very well in both 20s I tried them in, do not have any numbers! 35 yard load for sure! win. 5s were not good in either gun!

SumToy

The HV13 is a good load.  We have had reports of bird taken at mark past the 40 yard line.  It was a 10 year old kid in a OPEN FIELD.   If you get a good choke (SumToy, TruGlow,IC)  you will have a 40 yard gun all day long.   

Only reason I push the Federal is that it has little more energy.  Both are deal birds at 40.  Like always (How dead is dead?)
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

surehuntsalot

I like the hevi 6's myself
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Swampchickin234

Preciate y'all's comments.  Hevi 7s will be tried as we'll as 6s.   Any input on mag blends?

Dtrkyman

Limited experience with the mag blends, however the straight 7s shot much better out of my friends kids gun, mossberg sa20 with hevi tube.   No numbers but it was easy to see the 7s had better coverage at 35 yards!

Devastator

My nephews benelli loves the hevi 13 7's.He shot a fall bird with it at 40???SMOKED it.

WyoHunter

I like Hevi 13 7's and have used them to kill birds. My Beretta with a Carlson's .575 choke patterns them well but I've been using Fed 7's lately because they seem to hit harder and pattern slightly better. The Hevi 13 7's smacked my pattern board but the Fed 7's knock it down.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Swampchickin234

Thanks for the replies y'all.  I've got a box of 7s to try when time allows.  Did get to shoot the hw 7s and they shot very well, so probably will be what i run.  But will definitely try the hevis

KyTurkeyHunter473

I shot some hevi 7s from my sons Mossberg 510 mini with an Indian Creek. I put 189 in the 10" at 30yds and 307 in the 20 ". I have some 6s to try as well just to see how they do. I was pretty pleased with this coming from that small little gun. May have to try it out for myself next spring.

nothingbutlongbeards

the HEVI13 7's will be terrific for you

jdub2041

hevi 7's shot awesome in my 1187 youth with puregold tempest.555 170's at 40

greenheadsonly4848

:emoticon-cartoon-012:
Quote from: Swampchickin234 on May 14, 2014, 10:41:47 PM
Preciate y'all's comments.  Hevi 7s will be tried as we'll as 6s.   Any input on mag blends?

very impressed the Blends....pellets on target and effective distances are amazing

Dr Juice

Hevi-13 #7s is the way to go.