OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lb's w/ Jelly Head

Started by twyoung0, May 06, 2014, 09:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twyoung0

Mossberg 935 Jelly Head Choke 24'' barrel   Lb's 3.5 #6's at 40 yards   211 count    My gun shoots high on all loads.

captin_hook

Twowithone

My long beards in 3" 6 shot did the same shot higher than I wanted them too so I lowered the crosshairs for a better pattern. It was taking the whole top off the gobbler which is good but it gives you no wiggle room at all. Other people have said their poi was different using this ammo also. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

DirtNap647

10gaugemag

I like my guns to shoot about a half pattern high. Aim just below the waddles and eat that head up without any shot in the breast. Good shooting gun there.

KyTurkeyHunter473

:wagon: My 835 w/ 24" barrel and 3" #5s shot high and to the right as well. Not far enough to worry with adjusting the sights though. I'm shooting an IC choke.

albrubacker

Looks like a great pattern! 
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

tomstopper

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

turkeyfeathers

Quote from: 10gaugemag on May 07, 2014, 09:58:02 PM
I like my guns to shoot about a half pattern high. Aim just below the waddles and eat that head up without any shot in the breast. Good shooting gun there.

That's how I set mine up. So i bottom of the pattern him. 1 pellet in breasts over many a last birds.

turkey buster

I like the Tru Glo Magnum Gobble Dot sights I mounted to my rib. Puts the pattern right where I aim

BINK McCARTY

get it dialed in with some good sights and yr money!!!!

THEHAWK_870

Patterned the LBs 3" #5s in my mossberg 835, 24" barrel with .675 IC, got a high of 193 in the 10" at a lasered 40 yds. Needless to say that's what I'll be shooting .