Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Ehrlicilosis- Sucks!!!

Started by mfd1027, May 05, 2014, 11:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfd1027

I'm sorry for my lack of posts this past month or so.   I've guided nearly everyday and I just haven't had the time to wait on this dang internet.  Anyways, we had a good season and killed 5 birds which is actually down from years past.   I'm not so sure it was the lack of birds.   Seems like everybody had lot's of opportunities.   Anyways, I had worked it out so that I was going to get to hunt the last few days of the season but danged if I didn't get erhliciosis from a tick bite I got about 10 days ago.   I had several get past my permethrin this season but most would be attached but dead when I would find them.  This one was different.   He was fully imbedded and feeding which is all it takes.   My wife had gotten ehrlichiosis two years ago and when I told her that I felt like crap last Fri. night she suspected a tick.  We went to the hosp. on Sat. and sure enough I had it.  I arrived with a 103.5 fever.  Doxycycline is the treatment for most tick born diseases and it's what was prescribed for me.   This is day 3 of the treatment and the doc told me it would take 3 days to start feeling human again.  I think I'm on the mend.  Be careful out there.    Tick's are a part of what we all love to do just take every precaution you can.  I do and I still came down with it.    Damn ticks!!!!    :TrainWreck1:

Congrats! to everybody that scored.  I'm eating tag soup here in Ky.  There's a remote chance I might make it back to Ga. for the last few days of their season.   It ain't over til it's over.   
Dan

ElkTurkMan

Hope you get to feeling better Dan. Glad you caught that before it got worse.

harvester

Hope you get to feeling better. Good luck if you make it back to Ga.

Moore

dan I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad your feeling better
[