OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
DC Cattle Ranch

Author Topic: any info on a sx3  (Read 28818 times)

Offline Yoder409

• 2017 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
Re: any info on a sx3
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 12:51:34 PM »
Sx3 Waterfowl MODB camo 28" bbl.  Indian Creek BDS .665 ........
You won't go wrong with a SX3   :z-winnersmiley:

Same gun.  Same tube.  Just with LBXR's.  4's..............5's............6's............doesn't matter.  It's a freakin HAMMER !!!   Light to carry, light recoiling, fast cycling, ULTRA RELIABLE and about $600 less than the overpriced "B guns".

I used my SX2 exclusively before I picked up the SX3.  I purposely never cleaned the internals of my SX2 for 8 years.............just to see how long it would take to have a malfunction.  I still to this day do not know.  I felt so guilty after 8 years I tore her down and cleaned her up.  Never failed to feed, function, eject.......everything from Wal-Mart special 7/8 oz low brass junkers to 2 1/4 oz 3 1/2" candlesticks. 

I thought the SX2 was the slickest auto gun in the world................. til I got the SX3.      ;D
The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time on the day he wants to die.

Offline Horrendo Revolver

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 05:30:22 AM »

I've got four of them, they are great shotguns.  Haven't used them for turkey though.  Picked up a SA-459 Turkey on Friday that I'll be using.  I'm not new to hunting but definitely new to turkey hunting.  I
Assistant Secretary - U.S. Dry Bean Council

Offline outdoorsmen

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 03:48:13 PM »
I have a x3 that I use occasionly for ducks. I've been using an universal hunter x2 for 16 years as my turkey gun with an aimpoint 9000. It's a bit heavy but shoots great. The weight makes it more stable and less effected by a pounding heart....I'd deffently get the universal hunter over the cantilever model. The uni is drilled and tapped from factory.

Offline bjacobs1

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 05:32:10 AM »
I have done alot of testing with my sx3 and the best combo i have found was a nitro H518, with a rhino .670 gen2... NASTY

Offline J.B. Lineberry

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2019, 12:53:31 AM »
I shoot the SX3 and have several of them, 12’s and 20’s. I run a 655 jebs head hunter with Winchester longbeard XR #6’s it won’t disappoint. I’ve killed at 55 and 60 yards with that combo. They quit making the 3’s in ‘15. I have a SX4 as well and it’s just as sweet as the 3