turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What red-dot/scope your using?

Started by the Ward, May 02, 2014, 03:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Got a b-square mount on the way for the bps. Just wondering what everyone was using/recommends in optics for the big 10. I have been using a trs-25 bushnell on one of my 12s the last couple seasons and really like it and may get another for the bps. Open to using either scope or  tube type red-dot, just looking to see what others have used on their guns and liked. Thanks for any suggestions!

Rockhound

I've never used one on a turkey gun, I'm waiting onmy ff3 to arrive that I won here and I'm not positive if I'll put it on my 935 or my 10 gauge

the Ward

I have used beads/open sights up till a couple years ago and was happy with them till my eyes got just fuzzy enough I can't line them up like I used to and the red dot solved that problem. I did find a set of tru-glo sights that I put on the gun that use a "peep" rear blade that I can look thru without having to focus on lining them up. Works pretty good and corrected a slight poi issue. Now that I found a mount I am going to probably go with the  tube style red-dot, just not decided what brand or model yet.

Rockhound

Yea the rifle sights have served me well, but at the ripe old age of 24 LOL after taking a bottle rocket to the eye when I was young and dumb I am blind in low light conditions so im having to look at other things as well

the Ward

Quote from: Rockhound on May 04, 2014, 04:47:06 AM
Yea the rifle sights have served me well, but at the ripe old age of 24 LOL after taking a bottle rocket to the eye when I was young and dumb I am blind in low light conditions so im having to look at other things as well
That could not have been a pleasant experience! I can't imagine how that had to hurt, I get a little bit of dust in my eyes and it drives me crazy for days afterward!

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

the Ward

Quote from: Old Gobbler on May 04, 2014, 11:30:34 PM
Burris m- tac -- good quality
Does that  one have a circle-dot type reticle? I see they have a couple models of the m-tac out now, the ones I saw on their website have qc/bullet drop compensator reticles. I like the one that you have on your sp10, that's a nice setup.

mspaci

Bushnell tropy has held up well on my 10 ga.  Mike

the Ward

Thanks mike! I've been checking those out. I have always had good luck with Bushnell products in the past so those are on my short list for sure.    :thanks:

the Ward

Mounted up the b-square mount yesterday and it fit like a glove. Pulled my Bushnell 1.75-4.5 shotgun scope off my 870 to test fit it.Wow, I couldn't believe how much heavier it made the gun feel! So I got to thinking and decided to take the trs-25 off my Vinci and put it on the bps. I already got a gobbler with the Vinci  last Saturday so now it's the 10's turn  for the rest of our season. It's a match made in heaven! The sight and mount only added a few ounces to the gun and it's not even noticeable! I also like the fact that the mount also has a small tunnel you can look thru to use the bead if need to. Now hopefully I can get out to sight her in today so I'm ready for this weekend. Also got a .680 pure gold choke to try out, whoo hoo! I'd like to thank everyone on the 10 forum for their help and advice in getting this gun setup right. I have a ton of pics to post yet but we just haven't been able to get it to work, so I going to get my Son's buddy the computer whiz to figure out what were doing wrong!  Thanks again guys!