Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

It NEVER gets old

Started by harvester, May 01, 2014, 07:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

bustin heads. Here are a few pics from this season so far.
Bird #1 plus yote

Bird #2

My buddies sons kill

My buddies kill from today

Should have one more kill but misses happen.

keyser12ga

gobblinfever

its a shame its about over for us. ????
Nothing better than turkey huntin

theghost_03

Heck of a double there with the yote!
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

Rokhal07

NC_10

Cool yote and turkey hunt. Whats the story behind the hunt? Did the yote come into the turkey call ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harvester

Quote from: NC_10 on May 04, 2014, 11:44:54 PM
Cool yote and turkey hunt. Whats the story behind the hunt? Did the yote come into the turkey call ?

I heard a bird gobble down the holler and setup underneath a holly tree. I just got done doing to soft tree yelps and heard something behind me on my right. Turned around to see the yote about 15' away and closing in. Once he figured out I wasnt a turkey he turned and ran out to about 40 yards. I started making a kissing sound with my lips and he came back in to about 25 yards and I dropped the hammer on him. I got up and covered him up with leaves and went back and set back down and about an hour later I got to hearing drumming behind me. Same direction as from the the yote came from. I finally got turned around and made a couple soft yelps  and the ole bird came in. Shot him about 20' away from were the yote lay dead covered in leaves.

ElkTurkMan

NC_10

Quote from: harvester on May 05, 2014, 09:14:04 AM
Quote from: NC_10 on May 04, 2014, 11:44:54 PM

I heard a bird gobble down the holler and setup underneath a holly tree. I just got done doing to soft tree yelps and heard something behind me on my right. Turned around to see the yote about 15' away and closing in. Once he figured out I wasnt a turkey he turned and ran out to about 40 yards. I started making a kissing sound with my lips and he came back in to about 25 yards and I dropped the hammer on him. I got up and covered him up with leaves and went back and set back down and about an hour later I got to hearing drumming behind me. Same direction as from the the yote came from. I finally got turned around and made a couple soft yelps  and the ole bird came in. Shot him about 20' away from were the yote lay dead covered in leaves.

Nice. Thats a hunt to remember for sure.