Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

one tough season, whats the deal?

Started by gobblinfever, April 30, 2014, 08:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblinfever

is it just me or has it been a weird and tough season? everywhere i hunted the majority of the gobblers wouldnt even respond to calls. anyone else experience this and what do you think the problem is? me personally, i think the hens started laying late and are setting later.
Nothing better than turkey huntin

Rokhal07

Yeah its been strange where Ive been too. I struggled to get the eastern I got and havent even came close since then. All my buddies are about the same too.

keyser12ga

It's the same here.  I spent a day watching gobblers walk by out of range that would barely even look in the direction I was calling from.  They weren't spooked, just not even interested.  The rest are being dragged all over the place by the hens.  Every day they have been really vocal off the roost and then quiet on the ground. I did have two come in around 1130 yesterday barely within range and praise the Lord, was able to take one of them.  I think they were just walking through and the decoy caught their eye.

gobblinfever

Nothing better than turkey huntin

ElkTurkMan

It's been my toughest season on years. I don't have the birds I have had in the past   I still have a few days left so I am hoping I can make something happen.

Rokhal07

Quote from: ElkTurkMan on May 05, 2014, 03:14:38 PM
It's been my toughest season on years. I don't have the birds I have had in the past   I still have a few days left so I am hoping I can make something happen.
good luck Shane.