OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Where'd the Hillbillys go?  (Read 12273 times)

Offline North40R

Where'd the Hillbillys go?
« on: April 27, 2014, 01:20:44 PM »
Anybody seen the boys from TN. lately? They must still be up in the hollows chasing down jakes! Lol!
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience!

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Where'd the Hillbillys go?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »
Our team has had its share of trouble. Many have had circumstances beyond their control that have prevented them from hunting this turkey season. When it looked like a few more might finally get to hunt the last two weeks tragedy struck Lincoln County. We were hit with 5 tornados on the night of April 28th. Two Lincoln Countians lost their lives. I was blessed to only have roof damage. Many of my neighbors no longer have roofs or houses for that matter. Out of the 5 team members that actualy got after the birds we did pretty good. I had hoped that this last two weeks would get some more on the board but unfortunately most of our team are Lncoln Co boys. Nearly everyone is still cleaning up the mess from the storm and will be for some time to come. I will be the first  congratulate the winners. I haven't lost my sense of humor but lately it hasn't been that funny around here. The only thing to do is regroup and give it another try in 2015. reflexl

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 07:27:23 PM »
Here are some pictures from the damage
http://whnt.com/2014/04/29/amazing-aerial-photos-of-storm-damage-in-lincoln-county-tn/

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2014/04/lincoln_county_damage.html

Offline North40R

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 02:17:06 PM »
Reflex I hope all is well up there now! Very sorry for yalls losses! We saw some bad damage in North Mississippi when we passed through there!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience!

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »
It could have been much worse. Anyone that has seen the damage has to wonder how there weren't more life lives lost. The are foundations where once stood houses. There are so many houses severely damaged that it is hard to imagine anyone in them could have survived. I am truly saddened by those that lost their lives. They had already wnet to a storm shelter to dodge the first tornado. They went back to their house trailor and the second tornado hit it. All together there were 5 tornados that night. Some of our members have had situations beyond their control stop them from even hunting this year. It looked lie the last two weeks they would finally make it to the woods then the storms hit. Most of our team is from Lincoln Co so it affected many of our team. I lost about a square of shingles but I thank the Lord I still had a roof to put them on. If the first tornado had came 50 yards north when it crossed our road it would have caught my house head on.  So thankful that it didn't. reflexl

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
Many of you already know about the tornadoes that swept Lincoln Co the last two weeks of season. Here are some reminders that some things are more important than turkeys. Unfortunately two lost their lives in the second tornado of April 14Th but if you could see the damage that 5 tornadoes did that night you would call that a miracle. many more could have also lost their lives. reflexl
the Champ/ Cross Rds/ Howell tornado that took two lives

the Flintville/Vanntown tornado that did a lot of damage but no lives were lost

The Kelso tornado from late last year. I took this picture while it cross Hwy 64 in front of me

The Molino tornado which as far as I know never hit a house
I was eating lunch when the sirens went off. I pulled off the road into the the road the goes to Redstone Federal Credit Union. I turned on the radio and the storm track had it headed right o where I was. I looked up and there it was about 4 miles away