OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Donation call (win this call!)  (Read 2683 times)

Offline alloutdoors

• Longbeard
Donation call (win this call!)
« on: April 24, 2014, 09:38:11 PM »
Just got this one finished up. It's being donated to the student chapter of the Wildlife Society at my former college to be raffled off as part of fund raising efforts to support club activities. Primarily the money goes to helping offset the cost of sending students to the annual national meeting of the Wildlife Society where they enter a team in the student quiz bowl each year. The meeting is also a great opportunity for students to meet and network with current wildlife professionals and managers.

Their event where they will raffle the call  is this Saturday, but the weather isn't looking great which may hurt the turnout. I thought I would post this here in case anyone is interested in getting in on the raffle for this call. I believe they are selling tickets for $1 each or 6 for $5. If you are interested send me a PM and I can arrange to get some tickets entered on your behalf.

The call features a turkey feather on one side, tracks on the other, and a white oak branch wrapped around the middle section with a deer antler lip stop. Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:01:53 PM by alloutdoors »

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
Re: Donation call
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:29:04 PM »
Ryan that turned out AWESOME.

Gents I was gifted the sister call to this one and it is a FINE wingbone. One of the best Ive run. It is worth the money for the raffle.
Georgia Boy

Offline Daryl

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:28:38 PM »
Beautiful call!

Offline merocustomcalls

• Longbeard
    • merocustomcalls.com
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 09:30:30 AM »
Outstanding work on that one!

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 09:39:07 AM »
You did that one right.  Beautiful work.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline pappy

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • 2014 Midwest Best of Class Air operated tube calls
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 06:37:49 PM »
great job, hopefully it will bring a pile of those tickets...I know I am gonna have some...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Offline alloutdoors

• Longbeard
Donation call
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:57:30 PM »
Thanks guys, and thanks for buying some tickets Jack! The forecast is for rain tomorrow which is probably going to keep this from doing as well in the raffle as I'd like. If a few more of you guys buy some tickets though I think there's a pretty good chance someone here could snag it which would make me happy!

Offline pappy

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Donation call (win this call!)
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 12:26:25 PM »
Ryan I hate it that the rain may put a damper on your ordeal....NOT   LOL..... come on guys pick up some of these tickets...NOT...LOL
tel...573-380-8206

Offline alloutdoors

• Longbeard
Donation call (win this call!)
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »
Y'all missed your chance, but Jack you got a wingbone headed your way bud. They added a $10 for an arms length option so you had two arm lengths worth in there. Just be glad I'm 6'1" and not some midget, LOL! I won a 1 day muskie trip for two people so I did alright too!

Offline pappy

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »
 :z-winnersmiley:  :z-winnersmiley:  :z-winnersmiley:  :z-winnersmiley:  :z-winnersmiley:  :z-winnersmiley: thank you Ryan for a great opportunity and I can't wait to try out my new wing bone caller!
tel...573-380-8206

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 12:13:23 PM »
Jack it is a fine wingbone. Trust me on that
Georgia Boy