OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

upgrading decoys

Started by holtspur, April 24, 2014, 09:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holtspur

Gonna go ahead and start looking at new decoys for next season as this one rolls to a halt. I've looked at many brands and several look good. Dsd, dakota, avian x, and hs strut has good looking options as well. Now I figured dsd is probably the best but also has the highest price. What are y'alls opinions on them. I am interested to hear about the hs , being the most budget friendly and still look good. Also if u only used one decoy which kind would you use. I thought about at first just buying a jake.

matchbook454

Although I use mounted decoys, dsd are great for the money and worth every penny.  In fact I do use a dsd jake even thoigh I could moint one but seeing ad it gets beat on a dsd is a bit more durable.  If I had to pick one I'd pick the leading hen or upright hen.  If I wanted two, I'd add feeder, three the jake.

albrubacker

I just heard about these. http://www.deceptionoutdoors.com
I like the look of the boss hen.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

WillH

I really like my avians. I would reccomend them to anybody.

mgm1955

DSD are unbelievable. Had a gobbler spend 30 minutes last season trying to breed feeding hen.

turkeystrut

Them flextone turkey thunder chicken don't look bad I
I got some of those
gotta love the outdoors!