OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey Vest Recommendation  (Read 16960 times)

Offline ScottS

Turkey Vest Recommendation
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 01:09:42 PM »

I've used a Russell NWTF vest for years.

I had some issues with 2 Ole Tom T&M vest this past spring. I got a Red Head vest for Christmas and am anxious to try it this spring.

I'm in the market for a new vest as well, what issues did you have with the ol tom vests?

Offline cjr1

Re: Turkey Vest Recommendation
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 10:13:59 PM »

I've used a Russell NWTF vest for years.

I had some issues with 2 Ole Tom T&M vest this past spring. I got a Red Head vest for Christmas and am anxious to try it this spring.

I'm in the market for a new vest as well, what issues did you have with the ol tom vests?

Sorry this is so late. Haven't been on in a while.

I bought 2 of the Time and Motion I Beam vest. Both of them had zipper pulls that came off within hours of getting them. One of them had the hook on the slate call pouch break off the 2nd day I used it and both had issues with the plastic snaps that held the seats on. Ended up using zip ties on those. The pulls and buckles seemed cheaper than most. For the money you pay I guess I expected more.

What really ticked me off was the store I bought them from didn't have any more to exchange and wouldn't give me my money back or even a store credit if I swapped them for something cheaper. Then I called Drake to see if they would help and again no luck there.

I own tons of Drake duck hunting gear and never any issues. Guess it was just my time...

Offline Phire Phite

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 09:45:20 AM »
You guys will love this ::) but I use the Mossey Oak vest from Whalemart.  I will say the first one I got had the seams coming undone on the zipper, but after I exchanged it all has been good.  Packs everything I've needed so far just fine.

Offline kyturkeyhunter4

• Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 03:46:57 PM »
I've got the under amour turkey vest I like it a lot, but it is a little to high.

Offline kwild835

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »
I like and suggest Knight Turkey Vest
Best vest for me out of two Ol'tom Essentials, Ol'Tom Ibeam, and Russell Elite 3.
It is super comfy and the hands free gun holder is very nice to have.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2017, 04:34:39 PM »
I found this one on clearance at Wal-Mart and I like the layout...good back padding and the seat is surprisingly comfortable and easy to deploy

Offline ctwny1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2018, 05:02:22 PM »
Checkout Alps Outdoor Z Grand Slam Turkey Vest. Very well made and has a kickstand frame with
adjustable legs and fast locking technology. Checkout this vest!

Online Lcmacd 58

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Shoot 'em close
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2023, 05:37:29 PM »
I've had 1 from Roger's sporting goods and really like it. Its the Roger's brand.