OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Vest Recommendation

Started by KYStalker, April 23, 2014, 10:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYStalker

Anybody have any suggestions on some good turkey vests?  Something to support my back up against a tree and a good cushion to sit on.
If you're not first, your last!!

Tatr

My tactical Tatr is super comphy.

FL-Boss

most of them have good back and bottom support.  As for the vest... it all depends on what you need to carry. I found with the bigger vest... I just end up carrying more junk that I really don't need. I settled for a lightweight Ol Tom ... has just enough pockets but isn't overboard. 

Gummi Bear

I tried on and looked at a whole ton of vests when I bought a couple years ago. I set a budget of $200 or less.

My requirements were that it have a comfy seat, quiet fabric, planty of pockets that close securely, and the ability to use a hydration bladder.

I wound up with a Red Head. It has done everything I have asked of it, and I'm still happy with it.

I'm getting too old to still be this dumb - DM

tomstopper

Twowithone

Another vote for the tactical tatr vest. New to me this season it,s great. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Jake Smasher

I'm going to watch this thread with interest. The seams gave out on by Bucklick Creek Lounger this spring, so my buddy and I have each had two of them go bad over the last 4 seasons.  I do like the stadium seat feature of that vest, so that's why I buy them. But I'm switching this year, even if I have to carry a chair around with me.

Old Timer53

Old Tom ...
.can't go wrong.
Own 2....Strap and  I Beam models in Mossy Obession

eddie234

Quote from: Tatr on April 23, 2014, 10:40:08 AM
My tactical Tatr is super comphy.
This

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

mgm1955

Ol' Tom. Have two. Will hold everything you could need and more. Spine cushion and comfortable seat.

Big Treble

How does the tactical Tat'r  feel while leaning against a tree withe the frame? Does the frame interfere with your comfort against the tree?

mwr

rusty4269

Jeremiah 29:11

cjr1

I've used a Russell NWTF vest for years.

I had some issues with 2 Ole Tom T&M vest this past spring. I got a Red Head vest for Christmas and am anxious to try it this spring.

G-12

I really want to tey out one of the tenzing turkey packs