OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Two birds for me. Been hunting and having trouble with the pics  (Read 2560 times)

Offline chcltlabz

Manged a bird on Saturday, and another bird on Monday here.

Saturday's bird was about as boring a story as there is.  We were moving on a bird when another one sounded off in the thick stuff right beside us.  He hadn't made a peep all morning.  Came peeking in through the thick stuff and my buddy had a tree between him and the bird, so he couldn't see him.  He finally stuck his head up into a clearing for me, and after having a truck spook a bird inside 70 yards earlier, I let him have it.

2 year old, 18 pounds, 3/4 spurs, 8 inch beard.

Monday I was into birds all morning long, but they were all grouped up hard.  6 gobblers following 2 hens, 4 gobblers and 6 jakes following 4 hens, you name it.  I finally got close to a flock that turned to go away at 11, and decided to pull a trick from deep in the playbook.  I ran into them like a fool fall hunter and busted them to the 4 directions.  I made a short loop towards where 1 lone bird headed and immediately got a response and called a 2 year old in. 

21 pounds, 1 inch spurs, 9.25 beard.

I'll get the full gamut of pictures up as soon as I get them off the phone on the second bird, but I'm on the board.  Hope these bunches break up soon.  Saw 9 gobblers following a single hen today.  Hussy :drool:
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Offline DMP

• Longbeard
Re: Two birds for me. Been hunting and having trouble with the pics
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:10:00 PM »
Good work.   

Even with it being late in the season here, the birds here are still henned up bad in spots.  Been chasing them hard and can't get one to break loose to save my life.

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 05:15:41 PM »
Way to get it done Brent.

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 08:26:13 PM »
Congrats on getting those 2 knocked down. If you need help with the pics, just give us a shout out, we'll get you squared away brother.

Offline derek

• The Boss Gobbler
    • The Bayside Legion
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 11:07:48 PM »
Nice work Brent.  If you need to send the pics to me and I'll get em up for ya

Offline chcltlabz

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 07:52:57 AM »
Its not so much uploading them (at least yet), but taking all these pictures is a royal pain.  Plus with a dead phone battery on Saturday, I was hosed for pics.  I'll get 'em up eventually.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Offline canadatom

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 07:58:23 PM »
Congrats!! :z-guntootsmiley:

Offline Duke0002

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »
Attaboy!  Very nice birds!