OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris Fast Fire 3

Started by tomvet, April 21, 2014, 09:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomvet

Burris Fastfire 3 red dot sight, 3 MOA, one year old, extra cover.  $175

hybridtom

trade for a nikon turkey pro scope?

tomvet

no, I'm going to my old sights, personal preference. 

tomvet

Ridge Rooster - sorry I couldn't reply to the e mail they sent me.  There are no scratches, adjustments are fine.  This was my first red dot sight and I didn't like the way I had to adjust my POA at very close distances and far distances.  I sent the sight in a month ago to Burris to have the sight checked out and they said it was operating correctly.  I hunt in a lot of thick brush and I didn't want to drag the sight through that, and I also didn't like the small power switch.  I'm going back to open sights, less to worry about.  T

Ridge Rooster

What were you meaning about POA at close distance and far distance? Mine did fine by sighting in with bird shot at 15 yards, then fine tuning at 40 with turkey loads. I am kind of looking for a back-up for my existing turkey gun. Just saw your reply on here and that was after I sent the reply about contacting me via text.

Thanks

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

tomvet

I laser bore sighted dead on at 25 yards, took it out in the field shot a pheasant load (save money!) at 10 yards and shot low, adjusted the sight, then shot high at 35 yards.  Is this normal? 

2much2loud

It's probably normal.... I get mine some what close with low brass then sight in with the shell I hunt with at forty then check 10 and 25.... I don't know if it is the gun or choke or if it just plain normal but different ammo even same brand only diff is shot size and have different points of impact.... For example hevi 6s shoot dead on in my gun but the 7s and MagBlends shoot a little low and right

tomvet

that explains it, I was using different shells.  thanks!  T

tomvet