OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sons First Turkey!!!!  (Read 5255 times)

Offline beardfreak23

Sons First Turkey!!!!
« on: April 20, 2014, 04:02:22 PM »
My son got drawn for Muscatatuck NWR in Indiana this year for his very first turkey hunt.
I switched work shift so we could go, I got home at midnight on Friday night and back up at 3am so we could make the long drive muscatatuck. We was the truck at the gate, once the gate opened we drove back to a place where we had scouted and found lots of turkey sign. We got all set up and waited on day light, once day light hit we never heard one bird, so I would call every so often not over doing it. Finally at about 7;45 we got a bird to fire up way behind us. I would call and he would respond and getting closer. Finally I could see him out the back of the blind, I would tell my son he is coming getting closer he is at full strut now he is running to the decoys and he says dad shush I am trying to stay calm LOL once the tom hits the decoys he lets him circle the jake decoy at 15 yards and lay the smack down on a 22lb 10 1/2" beard 24 mm spur bird for his first tom

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Offline dms2511

Re: Sons First Turkey!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:03:41 PM »
Outstanding!  Sounds like you both had a great hunt.  My son got his first bird this year, so I know the excitement you share with him.  You made a turkey hunter for life!

Offline Bigspurs68

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 06:59:24 PM »
Isn't it a blast to hunt with your kids? Tell him good job.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Offline jblackburn

• Paintbrush Beard
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 03:36:42 PM »
smile says it all!!  Congrats!!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 10:47:09 PM »
Heck of a bird for the first. Congrats to your son and you both. Awesome....

Offline Swampchickin234

• The Boss Gobbler
Sons First Turkey!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 11:16:09 PM »
That's awesome congrats to you're son! He will remember it forever and thank you when he is older

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk