OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: BPS-10 or SP-10  (Read 10739 times)

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: BPS-10 or SP-10
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 09:56:42 PM »
I have had both and they are both HEAVY and BULKY.

Offline SP-10 Fan

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 11:40:22 PM »
After being physically abused by a Benelli SBE II shooting 3.5" shells, shooting the SP-10 was, and still is, a pleasure.  Even Nitro ammo 2.5 oz loads souped up to 1250 fps by Ray are easy to shoot. 

Offline bschwab

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 12:18:19 PM »
Im 6'7" 300 and wanted to get a turkey gun that fits me. Ordered the bps 10 NWTF edition and couldn't be more happy.  It is a little on the heavy side compared to the mossberg 535 tactical I was shooting before, but man does this gun fit me. Plus being a lefty, I love the bottom eject. The thing that sold me also was the coating on the stock and on the pump. Its supposed help grip the gun better in any conditions. We will if there is any truth to that next week!

Offline Big perm2

BPS-10 or SP-10
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 10:45:39 AM »
I'm 6'3 250 and have a bps 10ga with nitro shells and it's the best shooting gun far as fit and recoil I've have ever shot!!

Talkem into given up!!!

Offline SCDieselDawg

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2016, 07:12:16 PM »
Lord I had forgotten about this thread.  I let both of the guns I had listed get away before I could get back and purchase one. I've since jumped on the 20 gauge train. So who knows if I'll ever get the itch for a 10 gauge again.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 04:12:13 AM »
The real issue to me it how tall you are. If you're on the shorter side the bps is too long. Other than that they're both good guns

Offline Big perm2

BPS-10 or SP-10
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 10:03:30 PM »
I know tall has a little to do with it but it's more your wing span, I've seen short guys with long wing and tall guys with short wing spans.. It's all in the eye of the beholder!!

Talkem into given up!!!

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 11:39:11 AM »
Never have shot a BPS but I love my SP-10!

Offline darron

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 11:06:01 AM »
I just bought a sp10 from cabelas. I very happy so far. In the 10 day return period I ran through a box of federal steel shells I had and it spit them out fine. Recoil was not that bad. I plan on setting it up for this fall or next spring. Will pattern it this summer. I did buy extra bolt buffers and slide buffers in case they wear out in the future.

I had a browning gold 10 and it was junk. Browning CS is awful.

Offline Brian Fahs

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 06:09:59 PM »
I bought a browning bps the first year they made the 10 gauge. It had the most beautiful wood and bluing you could imagine. It was only offered in 30 inch barrel at the time. I took it straight to Mark Bansner and had the barrel cut to 21 inches and a sleeve sweated in for a nasty choke. A couple rattle cans completed the camo job. That gun patterned federal copper plated 4s better than anything we ever saw at that time.

I hunted for 2 years with that gun and killed a lot of birds. I went on a couple extended hunts out of state and each time I came home it looked like the day after a championship mma fight. Black eyes bruised cheek split lip broken nose sore thumb bloody trigger finger from the trigger guard. My shoulder from bicep to pectoral muscle looked like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Short barrel and heavy shells made for a real hammer….on both ends.

I traded that monster in on a sp-10 and never looked back. A rhino choke and nitro 4x5x7 heavy loads complete the rig. I do have a 22 inch barrel with fiber optic rifle sights that I really like. softer recoil and quick follow up shots are nice. I love this gun. Turkeys hate it. lol