Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Almost time

Started by t_eagen13, April 18, 2014, 09:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_eagen13

My brother and I are going to listen in the morning at the spot were planning to hunt on Monday which is the season opener in Missouri. This year may be a little tougher as I have to be at work by 8 during the week. But that gives me at least a good hour or so to hunt plus weekends. I hate to wish the weekend away but I am ready for Monday morning!

harvester

Good luck Travis. Kill a biggin.   :fud: :OGani:

t_eagen13

No luck yet. Yesterday morning my brother and I set up on some we scouted saturday morning but they didnt fly down to our field. This morning I came close. Had a lone gobbler come to about 80 yards but he hung up and strutted for about ten minutes in the same spot. I did some soft calling but he wasnt interested in getting any closer to my jake and hen decoys. As he started to walk away I snuck downa little creek trying to cut him off. I got within 15 yards and as soon as I popped up to get a shot some jakes that I couldnt see before started putting and the gobbler got spooked. He started to trot off and I took one shot at about 20 yards but missed. Oh well.

I couldnt decide whether to go back to that spot tomorrow since he may be spooked from this morning but I'm gonna give it another try as I heard a few other gobblers in the area as well. I may just try the hen decoy tomorrow but havent decided yet. Good luck to the rest of you!