Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Winchester SX2 .675 SumToy 3.5 Win LB #5 40 yards 43 degrees

Started by learn2hide, April 14, 2014, 05:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learn2hide

Tried the LongBeards with a more open choke...pretty happy with the 20" coverage, other tighter chokes have shot better 10" numbers but left nearly nothing for the 10-20" for #5 shot 164 in 10" and another 106 in 10-20" seems like this would be a fine hunting pattern would only tighten on a warmer day...what do you guys think? POA/POI was pretty good too nothing to worry about.
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

ILIKEHEVI-13

That is pretty dang good for a 43 degree day.  That pattern will increase some on a 60 degree day. 

hunter22

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

lowoctane

:morning:
I really like 5's and would be totally satisfied with your pattern!  Great for hunting Mr Tom!!! Had a SX2 and should've NEVER sold it... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Ridge Rooster

That is darn near perfect for hunting, exspecially if you are using just the beads for aiming.

I like a little more open pattern with my old school 11-87. I only use the beads on this gun and a more open pattern allows for a little margin for error with the slightly less precise aiming system.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

tomstopper

captin_hook

3" 870 Shell Shucker